This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Jul-2020 23:52 Last Post By: jGromit
jGromit

Error when uploading album with only unsupported objects
Posted: 21-May-2017 16:56

Click to reply to this thread Reply
This is an odd case, but it should work. If I create an album that has only a few PDF's in it, and no regular JPG's, and upload it to jalbum.net, it fails to create an entry for the album on my profile page. The console error is:
java.io.IOException: Error while adding album. Server reported: Album thumbnail hasn't been specified.
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.Notifier.albumAdded(Notifier.java:127)
	at se.datadosen.jalbum.Notifier$1.run(Notifier.java:153)
The album actually does get uploaded, and I can go to my profile page and add it manually (as if it were an external album).

If there's no thumbnail image available, the album should be added to the profile page with the standard "no image" placeholder.
jGromit

Re: Error when uploading album with only unsupported objects
Posted: 21-May-2017 17:27   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Another symptom - if I then delete the entire project from within jAlbum, the uploaded album is, indeed, deleted, but the manually-created profile page entry remains.
davidekholm

Posted: 22-May-2017 15:15   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for reporting.
jGromit

Posted: 15-Jul-2020 23:52   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

This bug is clearly never going to be fixed. I will delete this thread on Aug. 15, 2020.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums