This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22 Mar 17, 19:51 Last Post By: JerryM
JerryM

Keeping of folder tree state
Posted: 14 Mar 17, 22:46

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi jA-folks ! :)

When I drop image to folder tree it collapse mostly by itself, and I have to open it again and again when I'm adding photos. When I open/change an album the same thing.

Could it be possible to make that folder tree keeps it's state (i.e.: which folders was open) ?

______
There is also a little bug in folder tree: when you drop a file in to folder where file already exist, not an option-window (overwrite, skip, etc.) would appear, but java.io.IOExeption.

Edited by: JerryM on 14-Mar-2017 22:46

davidekholm

Re: Keeping of folder tree state
Posted: 15 Mar 17, 11:36   in response to: JerryM in response to: JerryM

Hi Jerry,
What jAlbum version are you using? I'm testing on jAlbum 13.10 here but cannot reproduce the collapsing behavior when I drop an image onto a folder in the folder tree of the currently open album project.
JerryM

Posted: 15 Mar 17, 16:59   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Hi David !
I guess, the last one, as jA don't tell me there is an update. :)
I sent You screen video capture with tree collapse and java.io error.
JerryM

Posted: 22 Mar 17, 08:12   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Did You have a time to consider about an option Tools / Preferences / General / "Remember folder tree state", just under the option "Remember last window state" ? :)

Nice option would be also the toggle "Expand all" / "Close all" in drop down menu right to project name. ;)

Edited by: JerryM on 22-Mar-2017 08:13
davidekholm

Posted: 22 Mar 17, 09:09   in response to: JerryM in response to: JerryM

I think the main point is to ensure that the folder tree doesn't collapse all the time. I sadly still cannot reproduce that problem. That makes it hard to fix it. Anyone else experiencing this collapsing?
JerryM

Posted: 22 Mar 17, 11:11   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Not really, if so, I have had post it in "Bug reports" ;)

Don't You think, that even users that don't experience tree-collapse on file drop, would like to have such file-tree features ? :)
davidekholm

Posted: 22 Mar 17, 13:17   in response to: JerryM in response to: JerryM

I don't think so. I frankly haven't had it suggested by any other users. Remembering the collapsed/expanded state between jAlbum sessions could also be annoying for users.
JeffTucker

Posted: 22 Mar 17, 13:19   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Remembering the collapsed/expanded state between jAlbum sessions could also be annoying for users.

File Explorer in Windows doesn't remember between sessions, but within a session it stubbornly remembers the tree state, and it's really, really annoying. Collapse the tree on the left, open a folder on the right, and the tree on the left sometimes expands again. Ugh.
JerryM

Posted: 22 Mar 17, 14:57   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Correct, WinExp doesn't have this feature, but I like it for example in DreamWeaver. :)

And how's about "Expand/Close all" toggle button or menu item ?
davidekholm

Posted: 22 Mar 17, 15:36   in response to: JerryM in response to: JerryM

An expand all / close all item would be practical. I can look into it.
JerryM

Posted: 22 Mar 17, 19:50   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Nice, thanks ! :)

Edited by: JerryM on 22-Mar-2017 19:51
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums