This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 29-Oct-2016 17:13 Last Post By: jGromit
jGromit

Twitchy thumbnails
Posted: 24-Oct-2016 15:21

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I'm seeing an intermittent display problem, both in Win10 and macOS. It seems to have cropped up since the introduction of the "thumb size slider" in the Explore window.

If you've got it set to display anything other than file name, and there are multiple rows of thumbnails, hovering (so that you see, for example "Add comment...") sometimes causes the rows of thumbnails below the current row to shift downward slightly, especially in Win10. In macOS, it's more likely to cause the thumbnails to the right of the current thumbnail to shift to the right a bit.

It seems to happen if you have some long-ish file names - not necessarily long enough to line-wrap, but longer than really short names like mydog.jpg. And changing the thumbnail size slider position changes the effect - sometimes it goes away.

Not a big problem, but a minor irritant.
davidekholm

Re: Twitchy thumbnails
Posted: 24-Oct-2016 16:05   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Is the effect triggered when you hover the mouse over a thumbnail that lacks a caption for instance?
jGromit

Posted: 24-Oct-2016 17:04   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Exactly. If there's no comment or title, and Explore is set to show you the comment or title, that's when the twitchiness sometimes kicks in.
jGromit

Posted: 29-Oct-2016 15:23   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment twitch.mp4 (581.9 KB)
Finally found a usable screen video recorder. In this project, I'm displaying comments, but these images have no comments. The twitchiness seems to depend upon how long the file names are, but I can't quite pin it down.
davidekholm

Posted: 29-Oct-2016 17:08   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for putting together that illustrative screen recording. I'll see if I can narrow-down the cause now.
jGromit

Posted: 29-Oct-2016 17:13   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Would you like the version with background music? ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums