This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 16 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 21-Aug-2016 13:34 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Re: How to set the default value for a JComboBox control?
Posted: 21-Aug-2016 08:51   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Click to reply to this thread Reply
jGromit wrote:
The best answer is to stop fighting with that balky onload.bsh. Move it into "real" Java.

I will neither the PhotoSwipe skin nor the Slide Show 4 skin move into "real" Java , because:

• This makes it difficult for others to modify the skin code
  • I have to learn new tricks which I will seldom use in the future, because I am no longer in the ICT business
  • I don't expect that it is required to make big changes in the UI of both skins in the future, so converting to compiled code brings no profit.
  • I understand from the thread Web based skin user user interfaces that it will also be possible to use Javascript, which I know better as the Java language. So if I am going to invest time in new tricks I better move the UI code into Javascript.
  • If David implements this request, it will no longer be required to generate a SkinModel.java file.
But anyhow thanks for your advice and the help you offer in advance in your tutorial.
JeffTucker

Re: How to set the default value for a JComboBox control?
Posted: 21-Aug-2016 13:34   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment MinimalGUI.java (4,9 KB)
Attachment SkinModel.java (836 bytes)
Here are the Java files for the compiled Minimal UI. Compare them to the onload.bsh of the regular, released Minimal 6, and the SkinModel.java generated by monkeyboy's new tool.

You are making waaaay too much of this. No one it talking about rewriting things in some new language.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums