Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 May 16, 11:17 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Laza

Exclude images by rating
Posted: 19 Apr 16, 12:57
I made this tool to simplify excluding images by rating in huge albums. It will find images in all folders and excludes those below or equal the given rating. You can also decide if you want to skip the unrated images too. You can also select if you want to skip images that are already excluded.

Will not touch non-image types, like videos or custom pages.

Installation:
1. Download the attachment
2. Open the "Config directory" (Ctrl-Shift-C or Tools -> Open directories -> Config directory)
3. Create a folder "tools" if not exists yet
4. Copy (or move) the downloaded .bsh file here

Edited by: Laza on 28-Apr-2016 09:30
(Thanks jGromit!)

Edited by: Laza on 17-May-2016 11:13
Fixed error with RAW images. Please note the tool will not work RAW images, because jAlbum's XmpManager doesn't work with them.
cathleen406

Re: Exclude images by rating
Posted: 27 Apr 16, 02:15   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza,

Your tool is in a .bsh file and my Mac does not recognize the file type. Any suggestions?

I can't wait to use it!

Cathleen
JeffTucker

Posted: 27 Apr 16, 02:52   in response to: cathleen406 in response to: cathleen406
Launch jAlbum, and open the config directory - Tools, Open directories, Config directory. Copy the Exclude images by rating.bsh file to the tools subdirectory of your config directory. If that subdirectory doesn't exist, create it.

Not sure why Laza indicated that double-clicking the file would install it - that won't work on any platform.
cathleen406

Posted: 28 Apr 16, 01:52   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
jGromit wrote:
Launch jAlbum, and open the config directory - Tools, Open directories, Config directory. Copy the Exclude images by rating.bsh file to the tools subdirectory of your config directory. If that subdirectory doesn't exist, create it.

Not sure why Laza indicated that double-clicking the file would install it - that won't work on any platform.

Thanks jgromit. That worked.

I tested the tool on part of my photo collection ... I excluded all photos 4 star and below... I received an error message (see below), but the tool still worked... but it seems to be irreversible. :(

After I ran the tool, it tried to re-run it using a setting of 3 stars or above, but jAlbum no longer saw the 3 or 4 star photos so it did not include them. Also, if I changed a non-rated photo to 5 star and re-ran the tool, it still wouldn't see the image because it had previously been excluded.

I like the concept behind the tool very much but I think it should be reversible and adjustable. Thanks for your efforts Laca!

Thanks,
Cathleen

p.s. Here is the error message I received. (It mentions a tool I have never used "rename slide specific varibles")

bsh.TargetError: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``/* JAlbum tool that renames slide specific varibles / import se.datadosen.ja . . . '' : at Line: 30 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``/ JAlbum tool that renames slide specific varibles */ import se.datadosen.ja . . . '' : .getRating ( )

Target exception: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke method getRating on null value
in inline evaluation of: ``/* JAlbum tool that renames slide specific varibles */ import se.datadosen.ja . . . '' at line number 30
Laza

Posted: 28 Apr 16, 09:38   in response to: cathleen406 in response to: cathleen406
Thanks for the feedback.
Now the tool is supposed to be reversible.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums