This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 24 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 24-Aug-2018 08:42 Last Post By: ufalbum Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ufalbum

Re: Contents.htt & Sitemap.htt
Posted: 31-Mar-2016 23:16   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
I tested the new turtle skin, but I'm afraid it doesn't work as expected:

If i put an unmodified Sitemap.htt in a 1st level folder events, the Sitemap is created but the included links are wrong, i.e.

... albums/stuttgart21/album/events/events//About.html

The link contains the folder name events twice, and in front of About.html I read 2 slashes.

Note: I created the album only locally with my notebook and didn't upload it. I will wait for your comment prior to update turtle also on my PC.
Regards
Laza

Posted: 01-Apr-2016 08:09   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

The update changes the Sitemap.htt and Contents.htt, so no wonder the unmodified version doesn't work. Create a new custom page, or at least change the appropriate lines:
Contents.htt:
		<% out.println(util.getCatalogue(currentFolder, "", showContentsDescriptions, showContentsThumbs, contentsIncludePages)); %>

Sitemap.htt:
				out.println(util.getSitemap(currentFolder, "", showSitemapDescriptions, showSitemapThumbs));
ufalbum

Posted: 01-Apr-2016 10:28   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I understand, sorry.

I deleted my album's current custom pages sitemap.htt and contents.htt and recreated it.

Result:

Contents.htt works perfect as desired independant of the location root path or a folder path.

Sitemap.htt works also almost perfect, only the option 'Show thumbnails' does not show thumbnails if Sitemap.htt is located in a folder (a symbol [X] is displayed instead of a thumbnail). if it is located in the album root thumbnails are shown as expected. The links are OK now in both cases.

Question:
In Contents.htt an option 'Include custom pages' is available, this option is not available for Sitemap.htt. Is there any reason for this difference?

Regards

Edited by: ufalbum on 01-Apr-2016 12:18
Laza

Posted: 01-Apr-2016 12:46   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Attachment Turtle.jaskin (4.0 MB)
Sorry, I have fixed it now.

The sitemap contains all the custom pages, because a sitemap used to contain all the pages in a site (not just the folders). Anyway, I could add an option if there's a massive demand. :)
ufalbum

Posted: 01-Apr-2016 14:03   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Perfect, thank you!
I suppose you haven't officially released this version until now. Please don't forget to modify the note inside sitemap.htt and contents.htt which says in the case of sitemap.htt "The sitemap is automatically generated. Put it in the root of your album!". This is not wrong, but now as the behavior has changed it should say e.g. "The sitemap is automatically generated. Put it in the root of your album if you want that your whole album will be mapped, otherwise in that folder of your album from where the sitemap should be generated,"

From my point of view it is really not a massive demand to add an option for including/excluding custom pages in sitemap.htt, but if you include it in contents.htt (which normally shows also the whole content) why not in sitemap.htt?

Thanks once again and
Regards
ufalbum

Posted: 20-Aug-2018 15:36   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Hi Laza,

I just noticed that it doesn't work correctly anymore if I put a page 'sitemap.htt' in a subfolder of an album. The albums in the subfolder are shown, but the links to the subalbums are missing the name of the subfolder and thus cannot be found.

Example:
The subalbum
http://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/stuttgart21/album/events/2018-06-27u28_Leipzig-BVG/index.html
is linked in the sitemap - shown in the 'Events' overview page http://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/stuttgart21/album/events/index.html
as
http://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/stuttgart21/album/2018-06-27u28_Leipzig-BVG/index.html
without the subfolder 'events'.
The 'contents.htt' (Inhalt...) however works correctly,

Best regards
Ulli

Edited by: ufalbum on 20-Aug-2018 15:36
ufalbum

Posted: 20-Aug-2018 16:14   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Change due to an update.
Laza

Posted: 20-Aug-2018 18:18   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Yes, the Sitemap was never intended to be put in a subfolder. Why would you put there?
ufalbum

Posted: 20-Aug-2018 21:03   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Attachment sitemap.png (5.2 KB)
Hi Laza,

formerly it was so in fact, but you changed that behaviour about 2 years ago. Otherwise I wouldn't expect that behaviur. Please read the thread once again.

A new page Sitemap.htt reads the following message (double click on that within the explorer), refer to the attached image please. I think that shows the expected behavoiur.

Best regards
Ulli

ufalbum

Posted: 20-Aug-2018 22:49   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi Laza,

you asked me, why I want a sitemap in a subfolder. The answer is simple: Sitemap.htt creates a list of albums in original order, while Contents.htt creates an alphabetical index, which is disadvantageous for my large album.

A sitemap is currently created also from a subfolder, only the created links don't work.

Regards
Ulli
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums