This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 24 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 24-Aug-2018 08:42 Last Post By: ufalbum Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ufalbum

Contents.htt & Sitemap.htt
Posted: 03-Mar-2016 14:42

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Both pages shall be located in the root of the album. As I have a lot of similar named albums (year-month) index and sitemap are full of those albums. In the meanwhile I gave a title month name - year to those albums but this is also not exactly brilliant.

http://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/stuttgart21/album/index.html

I just tried to place those pages in a subfolder, thus to get rid of those unwanted albums, but it didn't work as desired, even then the whole album beginning with the top level was listed.

Is there a way to exclude the top level?

Ulli
Laza

Re: Contents.htt & Sitemap.htt
Posted: 03-Mar-2016 17:05   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Hi,

I don't understand this. What do you expect when excluding the top level? Or do you want to include only the subfolders? Just replace the code between the <% ... %> signs with this:
out.println(util.getSitemap(currentFolder, relPath, showSitemapDescriptions, showSitemapThumbs));

Right-click the Sitemap.htt -> Edit to edit the source code!

/Laza

Edited by: Laza on 03-Mar-2016 17:05
ufalbum

Posted: 03-Mar-2016 17:30   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi,
for better understanding I've added the link to my big album. If you invoke the link you will see 3 folders. The folder Monatsalben contains no albums with special names but only folders with years and subfolders with months. These folders and subfolders fill a significant part of the sitemap and index, although they can be easily found in the folder Monatsalben. Therefore I asked if it is possible to locate the 2 pages not in the album's top level but in the subfolders except Monatsalben.
Regards
Ulli
Laza

Posted: 03-Mar-2016 17:44   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

??? Still not clear, sorry. The skin can't make difference between the folders. It can't filter out "Monatsalben" from the sitemap results.
ufalbum

Posted: 03-Mar-2016 18:39   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hmm... Contents.htt and Sitemap.htt should only list albums down from the subfolder where the 2 pages are located. I.e., if I place the pages Sitemap.htt and/or Contents.htt in Veranstaltungen/Events the 'Sitemap' resp. 'Contents' should only list those albums which are inside Veranstaltungen/Events and not those albums which have the same level (Monatsalben and Impressionen) or are located in the root. If I want all contents listed, I place the pages in the root.
Clear now? Is that possible?
Best regards, Ulli
Laza

Posted: 03-Mar-2016 21:15   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Yes, this is what the code does, which I suggested. Have you tried it?
ufalbum

Posted: 04-Mar-2016 00:00   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi, After you have confirmed that you understood what i wanted to know, I've just tried it and it works as wanted.
Thank you!
Regards, Ulli

PS: Does a similar method for Contents.htt exist?
Laza

Posted: 04-Mar-2016 08:15   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

The same should work with the Contents.htt too:
out.println(util.getCatalogue(currentFolder, relPath, showContentsDescriptions, showContentsThumbs, contentsIncludePages));
ufalbum

Posted: 04-Mar-2016 09:18   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Perfect! It works. Thank you.

Please apologize me that I've such strange individual wishes which are only relevant for my special huge album with a lot of self explaining subalbums like Month - Year resp. yyyy - mm.

In this special case it would be even better to have the opportunity to exclude the folder Monatsalben totally from sitemap and index. But this is not so easy or even impossible with the current implementation I guess.
Regards
ufalbum

Posted: 30-Mar-2016 09:07   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Hi Laza,
it took a while until I found out that all links in the sitemap or contents are not correct because a second slash is added to each link after the name of the folder where the modified sitemap.htt resides, e.g. .../album/events//About.html. A workaround is to delete one / in every entry of the link list prior to upload the album. Do you have a further idea? Regards, Ulli

Edited by: ufalbum on 30-Mar-2016 09:09
Laza

Posted: 30-Mar-2016 12:03   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

I tried it now, and all the links in the Contents page and Sitemap page are correct even to custom pages inside the subfolders. Perhaps I have already fixed this, but haven't uploaded the fixed version yet?
ufalbum

Posted: 30-Mar-2016 18:37   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I currently have Turtle v5.4.4 running. which is indicated as the newest version. According to your proposal I added the page Sitemap.htt into a folder and modified the source code in line 31 from
<%
out.println(util.getSitemap(showSitemapDescriptions, showSitemapThumbs));
%>

to

<%
out.println(util.getSitemap(currentFolder, relPath, showSitemapDescriptions, showSitemapThumbs));
%>

Was that OK?

The result (wrong links) can be seen in any link of the generated Sitemap:

http://webalben.rezkonv.de/albums/__stuttgart21/album/events/Sitemap.html

After the folder name .../events you will find 2 slashes instead of a single slash. If I made the modification correctly and you have already fixed the problem, is it possible to upload a patch or a new turtle version?

Regards
Laza

Posted: 31-Mar-2016 09:29   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

Sorry, I did the opposite way: checked the /Contents.htt for links in the /subfolder/custompage.htt. I'm working on the fix now.
ufalbum

Posted: 31-Mar-2016 15:24   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Hi,
appearantly you misunderstood me. What I would like to have is a Sitemap which only lists the folders which are in the folder and the folders below that folder, where Sitemap.htt resides. I.e. if Sitemap.htt resides in the album's rootPath it should list all, if it resides in ../rootpath/folder it should only list the folders and subfolders as well as pages in ../rootpath/folder. Is the following idea a possible solution? Dependant on the location of Sitemap.htt you need only one kind of page named Sitemap.htt and don't need to edit it in order to get a CustomSitemap.htt.
Regards
Laza

Posted: 31-Mar-2016 17:04   in response to: ufalbum in response to: ufalbum

No, I just wanted to make it work the other way too - that is, including the whole album at any place - but finally I settled down on your scenario: including only the folders below.

The fixed skin file is attached. Download and double-click the skin file to install. Reload the skin if a project was open during install with (Ctrl-R).

Removed the skin file, see below
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums