This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 113 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] - Last Post: 14-Dec-2017 19:29 Last Post By: phoenixaviary Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
thiloilg

Re: Responsive
Posted: 29-Dec-2015 11:45   in response to: uffehagenfoto in response to: uffehagenfoto

Click to reply to this thread Reply
uffehagenfoto wrote:
Well, I really like you skin. But, to me it is a no'go as long as I'm not able to show the filenames. Am I missing it, or isn't it possible?

Regards
Uffe Hagen

You can only show the folder names. File names are not yet supported. Where do you want to see the name of the image? While viewing the slide show or all the time like the folder names?

Regards,

Thilo
thiloilg

Posted: 29-Dec-2015 12:00   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
I did update my Pieterpad album with Responsive skin with vs 1.0.5.

I noticed that you are lost if you open a folder album:

The left arrow button, which you apparently call the Cancel button, is mostly not visible, see enclosed screen shot.
So it is unclear how you can go back to the parent window or how you can open the next or previous album.

I did check jAlbums 'Chained directories' check-mark but it has no effect in your skin. (Now I understand why David did not see that there is a problem with that feature in jAlbum 13.0.11 ).

Compare that the with my Slide Show 4 Pieterpad album:
If you open a Slide Show 4 folder album you see 3 arrow buttons at the top of the window: a Left arrow to go to the previous album, an Up arrow to go to the parent album and a Right arrow to go to the next album.
The same actions can be done with Swipes Right, Up and Left or with the arrow keys on a keyboard.

I invite you to copy that user friendly design!

The Responsive skin focuses on a plain design with less arrows or other buttons as possible. The idea at the beginning was actually to use no buttons at all but since the navigation was not completely intuitive I added the "Go Back" button on the bottom of the page. What I could think of is a option to choose a different navigation button style in the skin settings which I save in an own font. The "Chained Directories" is a good idea for a feature to implement. Thank you for helping me improving the skin.

Regards,

Thilo
akmeikle

Posted: 07-Jan-2016 02:08   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Attachment truncated text.PNG (426.4 KB)
Love your skin. Couple problems I encountered

1. I use "thumbnail size: large" which should give lots of room for additional text above the folders but they're still truncated

My naming convention is "2015-06-03 Playing Outside" but it gets truncated to "2015-06-03 Playing Out..." imho it should just wrap text that's too long and maybe put in a setting giving users the option to truncate text, and if they choose to truncate give them a field for number of characters

2. There is a large gap between the label and the thumbnail below

Screenshot attached shows both issues

3. When I navigate into an album on my desktop and try to use the browser back button nothing happens (google chrome)

4. Navigate into the first folder, then click on the top area (above the folder label) and I get a blank page (google chrome)

Added something else I found
Edited by: akmeikle on 06-Jan-2016 20:12
jGromit

Posted: 07-Jan-2016 02:30   in response to: akmeikle in response to: akmeikle

akmeikle wrote:
3. When I navigate into an album on my desktop and try to use the browser back button nothing happens (google chrome)

That's because the entire album is shown on a single page. As you navigate around the album, you're never actually leaving index.html. So, there's no "previous page" for the browser to go to.
thiloilg

Posted: 07-Jan-2016 11:25   in response to: akmeikle in response to: akmeikle

akmeikle wrote:
Love your skin. Couple problems I encountered

1. I use "thumbnail size: large" which should give lots of room for additional text above the folders but they're still truncated

My naming convention is "2015-06-03 Playing Outside" but it gets truncated to "2015-06-03 Playing Out..." imho it should just wrap text that's too long and maybe put in a setting giving users the option to truncate text, and if they choose to truncate give them a field for number of characters

2. There is a large gap between the label and the thumbnail below

Screenshot attached shows both issues

4. Navigate into the first folder, then click on the top area (above the folder label) and I get a blank page (google chrome)

Added something else I found
Edited by: akmeikle on 06-Jan-2016 20:12

to 1. I see what you are saying. Its difficult to check if the text is two long since different letters have different sizes and I am counting the number of characters in the string to truncate it. I can make it optional as well that you can decide how after how many characters it will truncate the string.

to 2. True I am aware of that issue since a lot of people mentioned it. If you have horizontal as well as vertical directed images you won't recognize it that much since the vertical ones go pretty close to the text. I have to see how to fix this. When I move the titles down till each image starts all the titles would not be in the same line and that could also make the skin looking wierd. Maybe I should make some optional offset for people who mostly use horizontal directed images. If you have any good idea how to fix this problem please let me know.

to 4. I have no Idea how that happened to be honest. Can you give me more information about the appearance like a screenshot, does it print some errors in the console of Chrome (you can open the console by pressing F12 on Windows, I don't know for mac)

Regards,

Thilo
akmeikle

Posted: 08-Jan-2016 02:27   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

From the console:

Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to execute 'pushState' on 'History': A history state object with URL 'file:///C:/Users/Alistair/Documents/My%20Albums/Tester/album/index.html' cannot be created in a document with origin 'null'.setHashPathAndSlide @ main.min.js:1back @ main.min.js:1(anonymous function) @ main.min.js:1n.event.dispatch @ jquery-2.1.4.min.js:3r.handle @ jquery-2.1.4.min.js:3
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Jan-2016 10:57   in response to: akmeikle in response to: akmeikle

akmeikle wrote:
From the console:

Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to execute 'pushState' on 'History': A history state object with URL 'file:///C:/Users/Alistair/Documents/My%20Albums/Tester/album/index.html' cannot be created in a document with origin 'null'.setHashPathAndSlide @ main.min.js:1back @ main.min.js:1(anonymous function) @ main.min.js:1n.event.dispatch @ jquery-2.1.4.min.js:3r.handle @ jquery-2.1.4.min.js:3

Okay I have the same error when I use Chrome and do not push the files on the server. Did you try to upload the album and check it then. If you use Firefox it works fine. It has something to do with the security of chrome. On a webserver it should be no problem at all. Let me see what I can do.
akmeikle

Posted: 08-Jan-2016 15:53   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

I didn't want to publish because of the error but once it's published to a webserver that error doesn't occur
thiloilg

Posted: 13-Jan-2016 16:53   in response to: akmeikle in response to: akmeikle

akmeikle wrote:
I didn't want to publish because of the error but once it's published to a webserver that error doesn't occur

I fixed it in the new version 1.1.0 ;) Now it should be also avaiable offline with chrome without errors! :D
thiloilg

Posted: 13-Jan-2016 16:55   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

I just released a new version of Responsive (1.1.0)

On of the new features is the video support on desktop and mobile devices!!! :D Enjoy!!!

Bug fixes:
  • reversed left/right key board navigation to normal
  • folder title in proportional distance to folder thumbnail
  • Chrome offline reset hash error fixed
  • Show number of elements instead of only images in folder title

New features:
  • Video support! You can now watch your videos easily on desktop and mobile devices!
  • Folder title above or under folder thumbnail possible
  • Commenting with widget on each of the images seperate
  • Hash path included! You can save a link to a certain image and share it with your friends
  • Slovenian translation added
  • Comments optinal shown in fullscreen image (comment support)
  • New folder design for folders which include no images at all
jGromit

Posted: 13-Jan-2016 16:57   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

thiloilg wrote:

Thank god! This was the only thing holding me back.
thiloilg

Posted: 13-Jan-2016 17:07   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
thiloilg wrote:

Thank god! This was the only thing holding me back.

yea this was one of my main goals :D It was probably the hardest task but finally I am in the position to share it with you guys! xD
mrag

Posted: 14-Jan-2016 19:47   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Very nice skin. Thank you. Some thoughts/suggestions.

A video if displayed is rather large-the file size is not large enough to support sharp definition. Could you opt to choose a smaller size video display?

Once a video starts, it continually repeats. Can you option it in settings to 'play once' and then stop or to repeat?

Is it possible to display a comment as a tooltip when hovering on the thumb?
thiloilg

Posted: 15-Jan-2016 11:24   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

mrag wrote:
Very nice skin. Thank you. Some thoughts/suggestions.

Thank you! :D

A video if displayed is rather large-the file size is not large enough to support sharp definition. Could you opt to choose a smaller size video display?

Since somebody brought up the same with images I will look if their is a decent way to display the image not fullscreen on desktop devices if they do not support a certain amount of pixels.

Once a video starts, it continually repeats. Can you option it in settings to 'play once' and then stop or to repeat?

I fixed this yesterday with the update 1.1.1. I had to figure out how to trigger a video ending event ;) Now it will stop after one run and you can press play again if you want to.

Is it possible to display a comment as a tooltip when hovering on the thumb?

That's possible I will contemplate this for my next skin update!

Thank you for your ideas!!!

Regards,

Thilo
mrag

Posted: 15-Jan-2016 17:06   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Since somebody brought up the same with images I will look if their is a decent way to display the image not fullscreen on desktop devices if they do not support a certain amount of pixels.

I imagine there is a challenge to separating video from image. And I understand the concept of Responsive is to provide the largest practical image possible on the viewing screen. I do not think most of us care about about the image size (it should be fullscreen). The problem with video is it can be rendered quite poorly and we should not expect DVD clarity with an mp4 video. Hence if possible, it should be viewed small, but crisp.

Very much appreciate your adjustments, improvements and responsiveness to date (not meant to be a pun).
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums