This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 113 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] - Last Post: 14-Dec-2017 19:29 Last Post By: phoenixaviary Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
thiloilg

Re: Responsive
Posted: 10-Dec-2015 18:06   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Just updated on version 1.0.3

Bug fixes:
  • scrollbar doesn't appear while hovering
  • folder title dont hover anymore
  • offline modus possible
  • entering folder by only clicking on thumbnails of the folder
  • improved empty folder representation
  • foldernames allow special characters
  • performance improved
  • cancel icon better visable on white and black background

New Features:
  • font size of content changeable
  • leave folder button in footer implemented

Working on video support and preloading :D
jGromit

Posted: 10-Dec-2015 21:57   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Attachment texts.properties (4.0 KB)
Attachment ss001146.png (36.0 KB)
Some suggested text changes, attached.

Minor things, but, for example, "edit" is something you do to text, like a description - "change" is what you do to a font size setting or color choice.

"Number of thumbnails" instead of "amount of thumbnails" - "amount" is for something that can't be counted, like an amount of butter.

And "maximum" instead of "maximal" - tough to explain, but "maximal" is rarely used, and only in phrases like "We want to achieve the maximal effect."

You should probably add getTextComponent() to all of the color choosers - see screenshot.
AndreWolff

Posted: 11-Dec-2015 10:06   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Attachment IMG_4542.PNG (579.5 KB)
Attachment IMG_4541.PNG (524.7 KB)
Attachment IMG_0850.PNG (862.4 KB)
Attachment IMG_0849.PNG (736.2 KB)
thiloilg wrote:
Just updated on version 1.0.3
I did update my Pieterpad Responsive test album with your new version and it looks indeed better on a PC, I can read the folder names now on a PC. However the display on an iPhone and iPad is bad, see enclosed screenshots.
- folder title dont hover anymore
I did not notice this in the previous version, but hovering is only visible on PCs and most users are using these days tablets and smart phones, so I would not invest to much time on features which are only visible on PCs. There are sufficient old fashioned, non-responsive skins without touch support available for PCs.
- offline modus possible
What do you mean by this?
- entering folder by only clicking on thumbnails of the folder
That is more a disadvantage instead of an advantage, why is it not allowed to click the folder name for this as well?
- improved empty folder representation
?? who is diplaying empty folders in albums?
- foldernames allow special characters
I don't understand why folder names is an option, I think you should always display folder names, you can't judge the contents from just the thumbnail on the folder icon. I would make the display of the number of pictures in the folder an option! That information is in my opinion useless and I prefer to use that space to display long folder names, now I see too many times '..'at the end.
- cancel icon better visable on white and black background
?? where is that cancel button? Do you mean the left Arrow in the lower left corner? I expected to see the previous picture or previous album if I click that left arrow button, but that is not the case. If you mean by the cancel button Go back to the parent folder, it should be an Up arrow at the top.
- leave folder button in footer implemented
??? is that the left Arrow in the lower left corner? See my remark above.

I have the following remarks about your 'General design' page:

I would remove all extra info like (Change the color of the text), that is obvious I think, no extra information is required. You can give extra information in the help file, but that is not yet available I think.

The color settings are inconsistent, you give a color code behind the first color field, but not after the other colors fields. I would remove the color code field behind the first color field and keep the others as they are now. The color code is useless for normal users, only nerds will understand that number. And if you like to know that number, you can fetch that from the RGB tab of the color selector. And yes I know that the transparency is not visible there, but you see in that case two black squares in the color icon. The jAlbum UI contains already too many parameters which are only understood by nerds (and even not by all nerds!), you should tune the UI on normal users!

I am not sure whether normal non english speaking users understand what blur in shadow means and what a hover effect is.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 11-Dec-2015 15:56
hanso

Posted: 11-Dec-2015 12:33   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Looks very good!

I have waited a long time for a jalbum skin responsive and behaving embedded in Wordpress posts!

Making an album works fine! Clean, good looking, responsive, no unnecessary visual elements!

How do I embed an album in Wordpress? I see a Javascript script line in the source ofyour wordpress example, but is unclear to me how to use this.

Thanks,

Hans
thiloilg

Posted: 11-Dec-2015 14:39   in response to: hanso in response to: hanso

hanso wrote:
Looks very good!

I have waited a long time for a jalbum skin responsive and behaving embedded in Wordpress posts!

Making an album works fine! Clean, good looking, responsive, no unnecessary visual elements!

How do I embed an album in Wordpress? I see a Javascript script line in the source ofyour wordpress example, but is unclear to me how to use this.

Thanks,

Hans

You basically just need to copy the javascript line into your wordpress page where ever you want. You need to host the website yourself. I think the wordpress.com service does not even support iframes. Just switch to html mode and copy the link in there. Here is a tutorial i found, maybe that helps you.

youtube tutorial

Tell me if it worked!
thiloilg

Posted: 11-Dec-2015 14:42   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Some suggested text changes, attached.

Minor things, but, for example, "edit" is something you do to text, like a description - "change" is what you do to a font size setting or color choice.

"Number of thumbnails" instead of "amount of thumbnails" - "amount" is for something that can't be counted, like an amount of butter.

And "maximum" instead of "maximal" - tough to explain, but "maximal" is rarely used, and only in phrases like "We want to achieve the maximal effect."

You should probably add getTextComponent() to all of the color choosers - see screenshot.

Thanks I excluded the descriptions in the brackets and added getTextComponent() to every color selector. Looks way better now
thiloilg

Posted: 11-Dec-2015 16:03   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thanks for the screenshots I see the problem I will fix this.
thiloilg

Posted: 11-Dec-2015 16:11   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

I will make the number of containing images optional. Thats probably the best I guess your right.
hanso

Posted: 11-Dec-2015 17:06   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Embedding in Wordpress works fine!

Thanks for the help, here is how I did it:

0. Install plugin XYZ Html in Wordpress, gives menu entry HTML Snippets
1. Create a jalbum with responsive, e.g. in folder testresponsive.
2. Upload all files with ftp all files in folder testresponsive to own website, e.g /uploads/testresponsive.
3. Create with the Wordpress XYZ Add new Html Snippet, give it a name like testresponsive
4, Enter the line
<script src="<your website url>/uploads/testresponsive/init.js" id="jAlbum"></script>
5. Create the HTMl snippet
6. copy the text of the Snippet shortcode
7. Place this line in your Wordpress page or post where you want the album.

Looks good on Chrome, Internet Explorer on Windows and Android tablet!
thiloilg

Posted: 14-Dec-2015 11:20   in response to: hanso in response to: hanso

hanso wrote:
Embedding in Wordpress works fine!

Thanks for the help, here is how I did it:

0. Install plugin XYZ Html in Wordpress, gives menu entry HTML Snippets
1. Create a jalbum with responsive, e.g. in folder testresponsive.
2. Upload all files with ftp all files in folder testresponsive to own website, e.g /uploads/testresponsive.
3. Create with the Wordpress XYZ Add new Html Snippet, give it a name like testresponsive
4, Enter the line
<script src="<your website url>/uploads/testresponsive/init.js" id="jAlbum"></script>
5. Create the HTMl snippet
6. copy the text of the Snippet shortcode
7. Place this line in your Wordpress page or post where you want the album.

Looks good on Chrome, Internet Explorer on Windows and Android tablet!

I see what you did there! Thank you for sharing the steps!!! I am pretty sure other people will benefit from it! I am glad that you like the skin!
KeesSnepvangers

Posted: 18-Dec-2015 09:13   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Because not everybody has a fast connection I'v limited the size of the pictures. It would be nice to limited the size of the pictures on a large screen to the size of the picture itself. Expanding a picture 800x800 for example to 2440x2440 doesn't give any good result. It even makes the picture look terrible.
hanso

Posted: 18-Dec-2015 13:23   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

I do like the skin indeed!

... Working on video support and preloading ...

Preloading indeed would be nice, it now has takes a visible time to fill the screen from top to bottom.
AndreWolff

Posted: 20-Dec-2015 11:12   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Attachment screenshot.23.jpg (306.3 KB)
I did update my Pieterpad album with Responsive skin with vs 1.0.5.

I noticed that you are lost if you open a folder album:

The left arrow button, which you apparently call the Cancel button, is mostly not visible, see enclosed screen shot.
So it is unclear how you can go back to the parent window or how you can open the next or previous album.

I did check jAlbums 'Chained directories' check-mark but it has no effect in your skin. (Now I understand why David did not see that there is a problem with that feature in jAlbum 13.0.11 ).

Compare that the with my Slide Show 4 Pieterpad album:
If you open a Slide Show 4 folder album you see 3 arrow buttons at the top of the window: a Left arrow to go to the previous album, an Up arrow to go to the parent album and a Right arrow to go to the next album.
The same actions can be done with Swipes Right, Up and Left or with the arrow keys on a keyboard.

I invite you to copy that user friendly design!
bilbot

Posted: 28-Dec-2015 20:47   in response to: KeesSnepvangers in response to: KeesSnepvangers

Me too!
You must be able to limit the big size of the image. Obviously it does not matter on mobile device, but a 600px image stretched to 2700px on a big screen is not going to look good.
uffehagenfoto

Posted: 29-Dec-2015 10:40   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Well, I really like you skin. But, to me it is a no'go as long as I'm not able to show the filenames. Am I missing it, or isn't it possible?

Regards
Uffe Hagen
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums