This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 113 - Pages: 8 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] - Last Post: 14-Dec-2017 19:29 Last Post By: phoenixaviary Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Re: Responsive
Posted: 08-Dec-2015 11:37   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Click to reply to this thread Reply
thiloilg wrote:
. Transparent is like #00ffffff.
I think most users will not know that, you better add a check-mark to select transparent!
AndreWolff

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 11:46   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

thiloilg wrote:
You can actually swipe left or right to go out of an folder.
That is not working on my iPad.

I think you better use left / right to go to the next / previous folder and use swipe down to go back to the parent window.
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 12:04   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
I think you better use left / right to go to the next / previous folder and use swipe down to go back to the parent window.

Okay thanks! Swiping up and down is already taken for scrolling on mobile devices. I will try to figure something out.
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 12:06   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Thank you guys for all your feedback!!! It means a lot to me seeing that people actually care about what I am doing! jAlbum has an awesome community! Thanks for your support! :D
AndreWolff

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 12:12   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

I noticed too that a comment given in the widget bar can not be processed, because you do not give the correct hash information in the address bar. I had the same problem in the past, see this thread.
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 12:19   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
I noticed too that a comment given in the widget bar can not be processed, because you do not give the correct hash information in the address bar. I had the same problem in the past, see this thread.

Exactly thanks for the reference!
jGromit

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 14:37   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Semi-transparent colors are still a mystery to a lot of users. I wrote a tip thread about it a while ago:

http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=42952

Different issue: The skin has a setting for the maximum number of images in a row. Why not just use the regular jAlbum Settings > Pages > Thumbnail Layout > Columns settings (the cols variable)? If the skin doesn't support multiple index pages at a given level, you can always just take rows to be zero, no matter what is entered.
jGromit

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 14:56   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

thiloilg wrote:
Thank you for your help! Excuse my bad english. I try my best. I should move all the text to the texts.property section that is right.

No problem! Let me know when you think you have a final version of texts.properties, and I'll be happy to fix it up. That's only a couple of minutes' work for a native speaker. :)
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 15:36   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
Different issue: The skin has a setting for the maximum number of images in a row. Why not just use the regular jAlbum Settings > Pages > Thumbnail Layout > Columns settings (the cols variable)? If the skin doesn't support multiple index pages at a given level, you can always just take rows to be zero, no matter what is entered.

Yes I can change that. Do you think people will understand that it is the maximum number of images in a row? I was just putting it in the skin settings to be able to add a comment. I can change it if you think it is more appropriate.
jGromit

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 15:41   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

I could argue that one either way - let's see what others have to say about it.
AndreWolff

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 15:55   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

thiloilg wrote:
Swiping up and down is already taken for scrolling on mobile devices. I will try to figure something out.
That is no problem if you do not use the whole index page as your swipe arena. I have always the about 10% on the left and right side as non-swipe arena which you can use for scrolling and if you like more scroll handlers, users can select the theme image as swipe arena. You can try it out with my Pieterpad album.
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 16:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
thiloilg wrote:
Swiping up and down is already taken for scrolling on mobile devices. I will try to figure something out.
That is no problem if you do not use the whole index page as your swipe arena. I have always the about 10% on the left and right side as non-swipe arena which you can use for scrolling and if you like more scroll handlers, users can select the theme image as swipe arena. You can try it out with my Pieterpad album.

Well thats a point. The only thing I worry about is, that the average customer will understand the certain behavior without any further explanation. What i could imagine is scrolling with two fingers down will make you leave the folder.
drmikey

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 18:55   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

In general, (according to Apple and Google) Human User Interface Guidelines with gestures, etc. should take the following into account:

Avoid associating different actions with the standard gestures. Unless your app is a game, redefining the meaning of a standard gesture may confuse people and make your app harder to use.

Avoid creating custom gestures that invoke the same actions as the standard gestures. People are used to the behavior of the standard gestures, and they don’t appreciate being expected to learn different ways to do the same thing.

Use complex gestures as shortcuts to expedite a task, not as the only way to perform it. As much as possible, always give users a simple, straightforward way to perform an action, even if it means an extra tap or two. Simple gestures let users focus on the experience and the content, not the interaction.

In general, avoid defining new gestures unless your app is a game. In games and other immersive apps, custom gestures can be a fun part of the experience. But in apps that help people do things that are important to them, it’s best to use standard gestures because people don’t have to make an effort to discover them or remember them.

Good info to remember when integrating for phone or tablet
jGromit

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 19:13   in response to: drmikey in response to: drmikey

So, no clockwise spiral swirl gestures, eh?

And above all, avoid creating rude gestures. ;)
drmikey

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 19:19   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

LOL! I always go for "pass interference" for my swipes and "Touchdown" for closing my lightbox.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums