This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 113 - Pages: 8 [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] - Last Post: 14-Dec-2017 19:29 Last Post By: phoenixaviary Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
thiloilg

Responsive
Posted: 07-Dec-2015 17:29

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi jAlbum Community,

I just released the new skin called Responsive. The skin focuses on a responsive design as well as a improved embedding possibility via javascript tag which makes it possible to view images in fullscreen on the embedded page. The design in generell is pretty simple. The folders are represented with three thumbnails. It supports click, touch, swipe as well as keys for the navigation. Here are two examples of pages which use the Responsive skin as a gallery embedded in container of the page UI.

Wordpress:
www.your-site-here.com/responsive/wordpress/

Bootstrap:
www.your-site-here.com/responsive/bootstrap/

I am looking forward to receiving your feedback!

Thilo
jGromit

Re: Responsive
Posted: 07-Dec-2015 17:43   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Good responsiveness, clean design. Just a few initial impressions, and questions that I'm sure are going to pop up....

Once you have entered a folder, how do you get back to the top level? Even the browser "back" button doesn't get me there. I have to do a page reload.

On a non-touch device, how do you go back to the previous image? Clicking the image always goes to the next image.

People are going to ask about displaying comments. Guaranteed.

Video support?

The About page says that the skin is fully responsible. Not the word you're after. ;)
jGromit

Posted: 07-Dec-2015 17:52   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Something else that users are likely to complain about... In your demo album in Wordpress, I scroll down, click on a thumbnail, and get the fullscreen image. So far, so good. But when I close the image, I'm back at the very top of the page, rather than being where I had scrolled down to.
thiloilg

Posted: 07-Dec-2015 17:59   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for your response! You go one level back by clicking beside an image. You can click pretty much everywhere on the background. I will definitely include a go back button in my next update. You can kind of swipe with the mouse to go back to an image or use the arrow keys. Yes I meant responsive instead of responsible in the description. I tried to keep it plain by not using to many buttons and text. I have already some ideas where I could include the descriptions of images. I could blur out the images by clicking on them, show the name, text and a button to go fullscreen.

I appreciate your feedback! I am working on the video support ;)
thiloilg

Posted: 07-Dec-2015 18:02   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Which browser do you use? I use chrome and it stays on the same position but if I use firefox i always scroll up after leaving the fullscreen.
jGromit

Posted: 07-Dec-2015 18:17   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

thiloilg wrote:
Thanks for your response! You go one level back by clicking beside an image. You can click pretty much everywhere on the background. I will definitely include a go back button in my next update. You can kind of swipe with the mouse to go back to an image or use the arrow keys.

Yes, I think especially for non-swipe devices, you need a few basic navigation icons - next, previous, up, and close.
jGromit

Posted: 07-Dec-2015 18:17   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

thiloilg wrote:
Which browser do you use? I use chrome and it stays on the same position but if I use firefox i always scroll up after leaving the fullscreen.

In Chrome, it "remembers" the position on the page. In Edge and Firefox, it returns to the top when you close the image.
jGromit

Posted: 07-Dec-2015 18:46   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

The version 1.0.1 update still identifies itself in skin.properties as 1.0, so it keeps prompting to update.

And the onload.bsh has the About contents hard-coded, so it's not picking up the text from texts.properties. In fact, the panels contain an odd mixture of hard-coded text and text strings that are pulled from the properties file. Do it one way or the other.

I'll pass along some improved English for the panel labels later - there are some misspellings and some "wrong word" choices.

Edited by: jGromit on 07-Dec-2015 12:49
RobM

Posted: 07-Dec-2015 21:54   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Nice, but a bit confusing maybe. See attached screen grab of an album built using the structure, calendar by year, month and day. There is no indication of what each folder is.
RobM

Posted: 07-Dec-2015 22:21   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I'm getting a weird result if the structure is set to alphabetical or calendar, it shows a folder that has been excluded. If setting is mirror or flat the excluded folder is not shown.
AndreWolff

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 09:50   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

Congratulations, you created a a nice mobile friendly skin, which looks also really good on an iPhone!

I tested it with my Pieterpad album with Responsive skin.
If you compare that album with my Slide Show 4 Pieterpad album you see that there is still work to do:

• The album title is missing
  • The album description is not displayed
  • Captions of slide images are not displayed.
  • The font-size of the album titles is too small for my eyes
  • If you open a folder album, it is not clear how to return back to the parent window. Why are you not using the swipe down function to return as you use already to close a slide? On a PC you could use the arrow up key.
  • On your General Design tab you say: “(If you want to adopt the background color of your own website, select transparent)”, but it is unclear for me how to select transparent!

I would put on the wish-list for this skin:
  • Buttons/icons for user links
  • Display of the GPS information on a map
  • Scrolling of panorama pictures
  • Button to start a Slide show

I am looking forwards for your updates!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 08-Dec-2015 10:31
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 11:04   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

You can select to display the name of the folders. I recognized the height is kind of buggy. I need to improve the skin for albums with deep folder structures obviously. Thanks for your feedback! :D
RobM

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 11:10   in response to: thiloilg in response to: thiloilg

thiloilg wrote:
You can select to display the name of the folders. I recognized the height is kind of buggy. I need to improve the skin for albums with deep folder structures obviously. Thanks for your feedback! :D
I used default settings, I suspect many users will when trying out a skin, it might be worth thinking about reversing that setting.
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 11:20   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thanks for your feedback! You can actually swipe left or right to go out of an folder. The next thing I will do is adding captions to the slide images. I will make it able to change the font size in the settings as well as adding a go back button since I think most people will probably not figure out that you can go back by clicking beside an image. Transparent is like #00ffffff. You can select the transparent not on the swatches panel. If you go on HSV you can move the transparent slider all the way to the right to make the background transparent. I have your wishlist in my backhead! ;) I like your album and the music! I will try to make the best out of your advices.
thiloilg

Posted: 08-Dec-2015 11:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you for your help! Excuse my bad english. I try my best. I should move all the text to the texts.property section that is right.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums