This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 29 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 26 Mar 15, 22:08 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Re: New .htt page (whats new ?/ blog function)
Posted: 23 Mar 15, 18:32   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Top Blog (14.4 KB)
Attachment Blog.htt (14.2 KB)
An alternative way, maybe. Top Blog.htt can be added to the root image directory and generates 'blog' format images for all project directories. Blog.htt can be added to subfolders and makes the same layout but only for that directory.

Renaming the files to index.htt overwrites the skin's default index page.
In the template settings check "Enter a specific css selector" and in the field enter "index"

Not fully tested but seems to work (best with make slide pages selected)

Edited by: RobM on 23-Mar-2015 17:32
Files didn't upload!
jimberry

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 23:47   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

Dschuwi wrote:
... I might make this a skin option, to generate clean index only galleries.
I thought someone had already created a skin with this option, but I can't find any reference to it now, so maybe I was dreaming ;-)
jimberry

Posted: 24 Mar 15, 00:44   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

@regis-kubli
I forgot that my since my workflow is non-standard, the project file that I provided is possibly not named appropriately for your purposes. It should be renamed as "settings.jap") and should replace the "settings.jap" in your project (i.e. a separate project from your original album project).

However it might be easier to just create a new project and change the following settings -
1. In Settings>General>Image bounds>Thumbnails set Thumbnail image width wide enough to force a single column of thumbnails (I used 500x500)
2. In Settings>Turtle>Thumbnails set "Place thumbnail images" to "below"
3. Set Thumbnail Image Caption template as follows
<span class="nr">${imageNum}</span> <strong>${fileTitle}</strong><br> ${comment}
4. In Settings>Advanced>Naming set index page name to "news" (or something else other than "index").

If RobM's custom templates can be made to work with the Turtle skin, that could be a better solution, as it will be all contained in the one project.

Edited by: jimberry on 24-Mar-2015 10:51
RobM

Posted: 24 Mar 15, 00:48   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

jimberry wrote:
If RobM's custom templates can be made to work with the Turtle skin, that could be a better solution, as it will be all contained in the one project.
The template, with the CSS selector set to index, works with Turtle and follows Turtle's styling too.
jimberry

Posted: 24 Mar 15, 00:56   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
... works with Turtle and follows Turtle's styling too.
Great :-)
I look forward to seeing the result!
RobM

Posted: 24 Mar 15, 01:00   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

I can make a sample album tomorrow, but if you add the top blog to the built in Sample portfolio's root folder and the other to a subfolder you will be able to see the result. You just need to add some comments to the images for the blog text.
RobM

Posted: 24 Mar 15, 15:48   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Attachment Blog.htt (14.2 KB)
Attachment Top Blog.htt (14.5 KB)
Sample album uploaded to http://robm.jalbum.net/Blog%20Sample/
The Top Blog page is at http://robm.jalbum.net/Blog%20Sample/Top%20Blog.html
and has all images from all folders. The folder name is shown once, at the start of the images, at the left of the page.

The Blog page is at http://robm.jalbum.net/Blog%20Sample/People/Blog.html
and is the contents of the People folder only.

I added a hr tag to breakup the images, updated files attached.
regis-kubli

Posted: 25 Mar 15, 11:07   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Hello,
Well well well, it's almost perfect :
http://www.ceramique-jcp.fr/jalbum/index.html (for master site)
http://www.ceramique-jcp.fr/jalbum/News/index.html (for News page/site)

In the News page, I put your Blog.htt file (renamed as index.htt) in root site with several pictures.
I added several .htt files (with little html code) for a redirection to master site.

But there's still some problems :
1) In the News page (http://www.ceramique-jcp.fr/jalbum/News/index.html)
I'ld like that the home button and the back button (near "News") points to the master site, or actually, it point to itself.
2) The Title "News" appears two times.
3) The 3 .htt files appears (as an icon) at the end of this page, I'ld like to occult them.
4) Last problem, always in this page, images are cropped, I used Jalbum settings to change dimensions, I tough proportions will be maintained without cropping.

Thanks again for your help.
RobM

Posted: 25 Mar 15, 22:34   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

Attachment News.htt (14.3 KB)
Attached is an updated version for you to try, hopefully this will make it easier for you.

Place the new file, now called News.htt, in the root folder of your main project, not in a separate one. Create a 'News' folder there and then place your 'news content' in there.
Control click the News folder and select 'Hide'.

Open the News.htt file (select it and press Enter) and notice a field with a label above it 'Enter the name of your blog or news folder (Hide this folder in jAlbum)'. The default value is News, if you change it make sure to rename the News folder created above!

Below that field are three check boxes: Show webpages, videos and other. Uncheck all of those.
Also make sure Show page title, just below, is also unchecked.

Close the edit window and open Turtle skin settings, select 'Thumbnails' and uncheck 'Fixed shape'. Rebuild your album.

You should now have top level links to 'A propos', 'News', 'Nouvelles' and 'Contact' as before.
There is no need for any extra HTML redirects or post editing.
Is that better?
RobM

Posted: 25 Mar 15, 23:44   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

My post above gives more flexibility, as you can use the same template for multiple news/blogs with each having there own name. I'm not sure why you put your News items into a separate project and then linked it to the main one. But you could use the other blog.ttt file and just move your News folder into the main project, with the changes to the template and skin settings above it should work as you want. It would also not need to have the News folder 'Hidden'.
regis-kubli

Posted: 26 Mar 15, 14:46   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Hi,

It's simply perfect !
I just added #pageContent{index} in News.htt / CSS settings

Nothing to change...
.. except a very little thing :
1) I open my website : http://www.ceramique-jcp.fr
2) If I click on any link, except News, the background is still black, it's normal.
3) If I click on News link, the screen becomes white for a very small time (1/10 second).
4) Next step, if I click on any link, include News, the background is still black.

It is not important, it's the only problem I saw.

Thanks a lot
RobM

Posted: 26 Mar 15, 20:01   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

Attachment Settings.png (112.1 KB)
Attachment News.htt (14.3 KB)
I have attached a screen shot of the settings for the template, I'm not sure were you entered the CSS selector so this shows how I use it. If you entered it in 'index' in the large text field that might be why you see a flash of white, though I don't see it on my browser.

I have also made a minor change to make it look a bit neater, text is now left aligned and the spacing between items a bit tighter. The update is attached if you want to try it.
regis-kubli

Posted: 26 Mar 15, 20:56   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

This time, it's perfect without any other problem.

Thanks again !
JeffTucker

Posted: 26 Mar 15, 21:46   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
... I don't see it on my browser.

I saw it only in Chrome, and only on the first visit to the page.
RobM

Posted: 26 Mar 15, 22:08   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jGromit wrote:
I saw it only in Chrome, and only on the first visit to the page.
I think it was because the template's own CSS file, if used, loads within the body tags, if instead a CSS selector is enter it uses the skin's native CSS files.

The way page templates are currently structured makes it impossible to have resource files load in the head tag area.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums