This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 29 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 26 Mar 15, 22:08 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
regis-kubli

New .htt page (whats new ?/ blog function)
Posted: 20 Mar 15, 21:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

It could be a very useful function, to add a new .htt page which has the capacity to show photo within a folder not like others (like in Turtle skin) but simply one under the other with the legend just beside each photo.
So it could be like a blog page with several news, one over the other. Without database...
I don't think this page will be too hard to code.

Thanks a lot
jimberry

Re: New .htt page (whats new ?/ blog function)
Posted: 21 Mar 15, 12:59   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

Something like this?
It is a quick modification of the Minimal skin to make the index page into a blog and exclude the links to slide pages. It wouldn't be difficult to further alter the skin to put the blog text beside the image instead of underneath.
There may be other issues however, depending on what you really require. e.g. will the text ever extend beyond the depth of the image - how should it then be treated?
Edited by: jimberry on 21-Mar-2015 23:38
RobM

Posted: 21 Mar 15, 18:33   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

You could also use a custom made template to make such a page with any skin that supports page templates. For example you could make changes to the Contact Print Sheet template found here http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=289351&#289351

Note, not all skins support templates, look for 'Site AWare' in the skin description or filter the skin pages using 'Webpage support'.
regis-kubli

Posted: 21 Mar 15, 20:26   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks a lot for these answers.

@Jimberry
It's exactly what i'm searching for, in term of appearance.
But for every news, I'll have to edit html code.
It's why .htt page could automate the process.
@RobM
Contact Print Sheet seems to be what i'm searching for, in term of use, days after days.

I have to concatenate these two ideas.
Not so easy...
I'll try

Thanks again
jimberry

Posted: 22 Mar 15, 01:10   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

regis-kubli wrote:
No, you won't - you would just change the HTT template as I have done.

But do you want this blog to be just an extra page in a standard album or is it to be the only page in the album?

If you just add a new HTT template, the standard index and slide pages are still going to be created.

If you remove the slide template and just modify the index template (or the contact sheet template), the only page to be created will be the blog page, which I had assumed to be what you wanted.

The downside would be that a redundant folder of slide images would still be created, but you can delete that before uploading.

Not so easy...
Feel free to ask for help :)

Edited by: jimberry on 22-Mar-2015 12:32
Dschuwi

Posted: 22 Mar 15, 10:06   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

jimberry wrote:
regis-kubli wrote:
No, you won't - you would just change the HTT template as I have done.

No need to even edit the Minimal template - this design is readily available in Classic Aligned 2 :-)
regis-kubli

Posted: 22 Mar 15, 10:13   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

So actually, my Jalbum works with Turtle skin.
Several .htt (about, contact...) are present in the very first line :
You can see it here : http://www.ceramique-jcp.fr/jalbum/index.html

I would like to add a "News" page in this line, which has the ability to present every images (present in a specific folder) with their comment like in this page : http://jimberry.org/MinimalBlog/

About this page : http://jimberry.org/MinimalBlog/ , I tried to use html code inside, I didn't realized that it was generated by Jalbum with Minimal skin... Sorry

Thanks for your help
jimberry

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 03:28   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

Dschuwi wrote:
No need to even edit the Minimal template - this design is readily available in Classic Aligned 2 :-)
The main reason for making a modified Minimal skin was to eliminate the links to slide pages, but maybe I misinterpreted the OP's requirements - I had assumed a stand-alone blog with no separate index and no links to slide pages.

CA2 is certainly more versatile, with many more design options. Perhaps if the blog is to be included as an extra part of a standard album (with a "custom template" as suggested by RobM) a clone of the index page might be a starting point for a page that could then be styled to be more like a traditional "blog".

But here is a sample CA2 album produced with no mods to the skin and no "custom template".

@regis-kubli - Is this what you are after ?

Edited by: jimberry on 23-Mar-2015 20:02
Dschuwi

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 08:47   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

jimberry wrote:
Dschuwi wrote:
The main reason for making a modified Minimal skin was to eliminate the links to slide pages,

Isn't this what unckecking "Make slide pages" is is for?
jimberry

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 09:01   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

I think when this is unchecked, the HTML page is not created but the link is still made to the slide image which is always created :-(

I should have just said "links" or "links to slides" rather than "links to slides pages".
regis-kubli

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 09:25   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

Is this what you are after ?
Yes, it's exactly what I'm searching for.

So if I understand, if I want to use this skin, which is different from Turtle (and not compatible), I'll have to make a different Jalbum just for this page ?
It's not a problem, I'll just add a URL link from master Jalbum (with Turtle), to News page (with Classic aligned 2).

It's a pleasure to see how cooperative is this forum.
Thanks again
jimberry

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 11:02   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

regis-kubli wrote:
So if I understand, if I want to use this skin, which is different from Turtle (and not compatible), I'll have to make a different Jalbum just for this page ?

Here is a first attempt at a News Page using your preferred skin - Turtle

I am not that familiar with the Turtle skin, so hopefully some aspects can still be improved without modifying the skin.
e.g. I am not sure why the first page has a white background while all others have grey and also why there is so much space above and below each thumbnail. Hopefully these and any other problems can be sorted out.

Yes, you will have to make a different album just for this page (whichever skin you use).

However, it is possible that a custom "news.htt" template can be made using a clone of the index.htt template and making some design changes (e.g. so that you don't finish up with two copies of the slide pages - also forcing a single column without having to play around with other settings, and maybe formatting the "news" comment as left-justified instead of centered).

Edited by: jimberry on 23-Mar-2015 21:15
regis-kubli

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 11:25   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

It's fantastic !
The white border isn't around the first image, but around the last opened image.
If I can make this big border smaller, it will be perfect.
Could you please send me files, to use in my second Jalbum ?

Thanks A LOT
jimberry

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 12:42   in response to: regis-kubli in response to: regis-kubli

Attachment News.jap (8.2 KB)
The only file you will need from me is the attached project file.

I have removed the entries for Image directory and Output directory, so you will need to reinsert these to reflect your own requirements. You should also check that other settings that you have used (aside from thumbnail size) are similar to those you have used in the main album.

I suggest that you change the name of the index file in "Advanced>Naming>Index page name" from "index" to "news" so that you can then (after generating the album into a new folder) move it into the folder where the main album was created. All other files created in this run can be ignored, as they will just be duplicates of the album already created.
Dschuwi

Posted: 23 Mar 15, 16:23   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

jimberry wrote:
I think when this is unchecked, the HTML page is not created but the link is still made to the slide image which is always created :-(

You are right. I never paid any attention. I might make this a skin option, to generate clean index only galleries.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums