This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 22 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 20 Mar 19, 08:22 Last Post By: AnCa Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
clonny2

Add support for Android App
Posted: 28 Jul 10, 21:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Now that there is an iPhone APP, how about an Android App?
JeffTucker

Re: Add support for Android App
Posted: 28 Jul 10, 21:38   in response to: clonny2 in response to: clonny2

According to the Jalbum guys, that's on their to-do list, but they haven't started tackling it yet. The list is long.
alan927

Posted: 31 Jul 10, 03:28   in response to: clonny2 in response to: clonny2

I second the motion.

The Jalbum team may have a long list, that doesn't mean we can't get this moved up to the top!

Edited by: davidekholm on 20-Mar-2019 08:22
Dead link removed
alexandrenabais

Posted: 5 Aug 10, 10:22   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

considering the increasing nb of phones based on Android (+200 000 each day) ! I hope it is a high priority task for jalbum to put a app on the market ;)
AnCa

Posted: 11 Aug 10, 14:02   in response to: alexandrenabais in response to: alexandrenabais

There is now at least a mobile version of the explore and album pages at m.jalbum.net, which should work fine with Andriod. But you can't create or edit albums using those pages....
alan927

Posted: 12 Aug 10, 03:38   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

That's a start, Anders, but we still want the full app. :)

Also, on m.jalbum.net, could you add the ability to login and have a "My Albums" section? I like to use my phone to show friends pics of my nieces and the m. site looks like a great way to do that. (My nieces are adorable!)

Have you considered releasing the code behind m.jalbum.net as a skin? :0
AnCa

Posted: 13 Aug 10, 12:05   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

alan927 wrote:
That's a start, Anders, but we still want the full app. :)
Yeah, I know... :-)

Also, on m.jalbum.net, could you add the ability to login and have a "My Albums" section? I like to use my phone to show friends pics of my nieces and the m. site looks like a great way to do that. (My nieces are adorable!)
You can access your own albums at http://jalbum.net/m/users/alan927 .

It's a bit of a hidden feature to access users profiles. You click on the username on the album page, right below the album title. We have to improve that I guess... :-)

Have you considered releasing the code behind m.jalbum.net as a skin? :0
If you go to the "browsebar" version of the album (for example http://jalbum.net/browse/user/album/658046/) using a mobile device, you should get the mobile version of the album. We haven't tested that very thoroughly, so there might be some drawbacks we haven't thought of...

But as a skin, yes, that's also an idea. :)
alan927

Posted: 6 Jun 11, 04:01   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Any update?
davidekholm

Posted: 7 Jun 11, 01:15   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

Nope, still nothing planned for Android
hollycat2000

Posted: 12 Mar 13, 17:56   in response to: clonny2 in response to: clonny2

any news on the making of an Android (tablet) application?
I recently own a Samsung Galaxy 7" and noticed that my JAlbum.net albums are converted in an impersonable layout.
When I download the album to the tablet everything is as it should be. I have been looking for a skin that keeps its layout, but alle seem to convert to the impersonable layout.
A tablet is large enough to keep a nice layout, preferable like designed.
If this wont work than I prefer a dedicated app for Android tablets.
HC.
AnCa

Posted: 12 Mar 13, 23:01   in response to: hollycat2000 in response to: hollycat2000

When we made the "mobile skin" there were no Android tablets. Only iPhones, iPads and Android phones. The iPad is excluded from the mobile skin, so iPad users see the "full" album. But, last time I looked there were no good way of telling if an Android phone, or an Android tablet were watching the album, so all Android devices gets the mobile skin.

Nowadays Android phones are more like Android phablets, so it's a bit of a mess.

There are also other problems related to our way of forcing the mobile version to any phone (and some tablets). If the album is embeded, it gets messy... So, we're planing on letting the user decide if the mobile skin should be used. Unfortunately we haven't been able to implement it yet though...
Snapsh0t

Posted: 28 Nov 14, 17:56   in response to: clonny2 in response to: clonny2

As the thread's been quiet for eighteen months, I thought it was time see if there was still any life in it. As I now have an 8.4" (21cm) Android tablet with the same 1440p resolution as the 27" (68cm) monitor on my desktop, the ability to travel light and at least do preliminary work on the tablet would be very useful......
AndreWolff

Posted: 28 Nov 14, 22:51   in response to: Snapsh0t in response to: Snapsh0t

Which functions are required in such an App?
Snapsh0t

Posted: 1 Dec 14, 17:38   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Of course, my needs may not match anyone else's but I tend to a fairly minimalist approach so very basic skin support would suit me. After that, the ability to actually create an album would be useful. ;) Obviously, image scaling is going to take time, given the limited CPU power and even more, I suspect, the available RAM. I could live without most of the editing features if necessary. I supposed one vital editing feature is include/exclude files but the other one I use a lot is Straighten......
AnCa

Posted: 2 Dec 14, 15:31   in response to: Snapsh0t in response to: Snapsh0t

Instead of improving the iOS app and also implement an Android app, we will probably improve the mobile/responsive version of the website instead (jalbum.net/mobile). That way both iOS and Android devices can take advantage of the functionality. If needed it can easily be packaged as an app.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums