Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 16-Feb-2008 09:29 Last Post By: Asusa Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Asusa

Applescript to generate file path
Posted: 30-Jan-2008 09:08
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment gppath.zip (62.1 KB)
Hello

Some skins allow the adding of a background image but (at least on a Mac) they require that you manually type in the entire file path, starting from root, into some text box.

It is not much fun so I wrote a small Applescript that allows you to copy the path of an image file you select in the Finder onto the clipboard and then to paste it into the box.

I know that there are applications or contextual menu items that do this at least as well or better but what the heck. There is a small README file included in case someone needs handholding.

A zip file named gppath.zip is supposed to be attached to this message, I have never used that feature but it seems self-explanatory.

Enjoy.
davidekholm

Re: Applescript to generate file path
Posted: 30-Jan-2008 09:33   in response to: Asusa in response to: Asusa
You can also drag and drop a file onto the "output directory" field of the Main JAlbum settings and the path to that file will show. Then cut and paste to the right location. Remember to restore the old value of the output directory if you use this technique.
Asusa

Re: Applescript to generate file path
Posted: 16-Feb-2008 09:29   in response to: Asusa in response to: Asusa
Attachment gppath_b.zip (58.8 KB)
A better version of the script, it automates the step of setting the Clipboard to POSIX_path, no need to do a manual "Copy" step.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums