Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Jul-2018 23:27 Last Post By: mrag
kikshome

iView MediaPro uses more IPTC fields
Posted: 08-Oct-2005 11:51
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

I'm using iView MediaPro for organising my pictures. I love it as it has many information to store and select. One of the many fields is people (iptc.contact).

Somehow I'm not able to see that in jAlbum with BluPlusPlus. Also others are not available. It seems that jAlbum only supports the "main" fields of IPTC.

I'm looking for those fields:
22 Fixture Identifier (iView: Event)
27 Content Location Name (iView: Location)
118 Contact (iView: People)

For a vocabulary list visit http://controlledvocabulary.com/imagedatabases/iptc_core_mapped.pdf

Is there a way to add those additional fields into the vocabulary of jAlbum? Can I do it myself or do I have to wait for a new version?

Thanks a lot in advance
davidekholm

Re: iView MediaPro uses more IPTC fields
Posted: 08-Oct-2005 14:39   in response to: kikshome in response to: kikshome
Hi. I guess you can add this support if you know Java. Do you? In that case you can modify the "MetadataExtractor" code in the com.drew package. The source is available in the developer section of this site.
mrag

Posted: 10-Oct-2005 00:55   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Have you searched this Board (try "iptc") and checked Camner's docs on BPP (link on BPP tab in JAlbum)? BPP already does offer a way to display ALL the iptc categories that are available. You can even "edit" the fields eg. iptc.country to "where I was." This might be a way to get around having to use Java (neither good or bad-just beyond me).

I believe "all" the Iptc fields are there if I match BPP against Irfanview. There does seem to be some discussion among software providers about just what iptc fields are supported or will be-appears "keywords" is the only sure bet for now.

Message was edited by: mrag

kikshome

Posted: 30-Oct-2005 16:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Thanks for the tip where to look. I will have a look that a friend of mine can do it.
camner

Posted: 03-Dec-2005 07:02   in response to: kikshome in response to: kikshome
What you can do is to make an album with only a few pictures and specify "All" for "Meta-data display mode" on the BluPlusPlus-Advanced tab. Then view the generated album and on any slide image page click the 'i' (for Information). That will dump a huge amount of data, consisting of EXIF and IPTC field names and the contents. You can then see how the particular data you are looking for is stored.

Take a look at http://bluplusplus.jalbum.net/doc/html/iptc_info.htm
kikshome

Posted: 03-Dec-2005 09:53   in response to: camner in response to: camner
Hi Camner

My in iView saved information are not displayed with "All". These fields of IPTC are not well known.
camner

Posted: 03-Dec-2005 20:48   in response to: kikshome in response to: kikshome
Well, I suppose what that means is that they are not extracted by the IPTC library David uses.
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Dec-2005 12:53   in response to: camner in response to: camner
Please inform the maker of the EXIF and IPTC extraction library, Mr Drew Noakes of any new EXIF and IPTC tags (JAlbum uses his library). Drew can be reached at http://www.drewnoakes.com
bruaa

Posted: 21-Dec-2005 11:36   in response to: kikshome in response to: kikshome
Hello,

I am also using Iview Media Pro.
Did you have more news about using People IPTC and other tags with JAlbum ?
Did you get advice how to show that info ?

Regards
Bruno
mrag

Posted: 21-Dec-2005 15:00   in response to: bruaa in response to: bruaa
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums