This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23 Jan 23, 15:20 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
guyd

ZigZag : Title font not taken into account
Posted: 17 Nov 22, 14:26

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Common_css.PNG (24.3 KB)
Hi,
It doesn't seem possible to get a different font for the title in ZigZag (2.2.0), although it is possible to choose one in the parameters.

"hFont" and "hWeight" are not set in the generated "Common.css" file ("cssinit" issue ?)

(jAlbum 2.1.10)
JeffTucker

Re: ZigZag : Title font not taken into account
Posted: 17 Nov 22, 14:37   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd
Helpful
Attachment cssinit.groovy (277 bytes)
Attachment common.css (5.8 KB)
It's actually a combination of two small errors, caused by the switch from BeanShell to Groovy scripting. Replace the skin's common.css and cssinit.groovy files with the attached versions, and see how that works for you.
guyd

Posted: 17 Nov 22, 15:21   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Fixef indeed, thanks David !
JeffTucker

Posted: 17 Nov 22, 15:26   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd

Glad that works, but I'm not David. ;)
guyd

Posted: 17 Nov 22, 15:40   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Sorry Jeff...
guyd

Posted: 17 Nov 22, 23:51   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd

Jeff, something else. Is there a reason why the fix mentionned in the thread "ZigZag Doing weird stuff. Posted: 9 Jan 19" is not implemented in the latests versions of the ZigZag skin ?

I re-generated one of my projects with version 2.2.0 on jAlbum 29.1.10 and had to manually add the "start = 0" fix in "common-header.inc" to solve my problem... after it took me a few hours before remembering what the problem was.
JeffTucker

Posted: 18 Nov 22, 02:19   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd

Please help me out, here. What do I have to do to cause this error to appear?

(This is the old thread about this: https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=54851)

ETA: Doing exactly what was being done in that old thread, I don't get the error. The correct header material appears at the top of the new page, and the album builds without any errors.
guyd

Posted: 18 Nov 22, 20:54   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I'll be out for the week-end, but you can have a look at the related project at www.francoiseseffer.com.
This is a site I created for my wife to share her artistic projects. As you will see, there is a main folder containing only second level folders which in turn contain the images and text.
In each subfolder there is a menu, similar to the one in the main folder, leading directly to other subfolders or back to the main one. This is done via webpages containing redirection commands in each subfolder.

The problem was that when generating the subfolders "index.html" files (from "index.htt") the </ja:iterator category= "webPage, folder"> command in the "menu" div didn't take all the redirection webpages that were present, but only part of them... unless I added the "start=0" parameter within the iteration (in "common-header.inc").
JeffTucker

Posted: 18 Nov 22, 21:55   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd

First things first.... David has introduced a new bug into ZigZag v.2.2.1. I've emailed him about it. The common-header.inc file contains a line of debugging code that should have been removed. Edit that file and delete line 37:
D: ${description}<br>
I've built a little test project using your "redirection" approach to planting an album-wide menu on each page, and it appears to do what you want. Each folder, when viewed, shows a menu with links to each of the other folders, and to the album home. I didn't have to modify the skin files at all, and the album builds without any errors.

https://jefftucker.jalbum.net/ZZmenu/

I've zipped up the whole project so that you can play with it:

https://jefftucker.jalbum.net/ZZmenu.zip
guyd

Posted: 18 Nov 22, 23:19   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Jeff, I extended your test program to 8 subfolders, and... bingo, when all 8 appeared on the main folder, only 5 of them showed up in each subfolder, unless I added the start=0 command in the common-header file.

By the way, I only found the debugging line when I uploaded version 2.2.1, so I didn't notice it in 2.2. Deleted now.
JeffTucker

Posted: 18 Nov 22, 23:58   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd
Helpful
You're right, and this is fascinating. My challenge will be to explain this to David in a way that doesn't make his head explode.

That number, 5, was suspicious, so I played a hunch. And I was right. For reasons unknown, the jAlbum core is using the setting for the number of thumbnail columns to control that automatic file iteration. It shouldn't be - these are totally unrelated things.

That setting is grayed out, so you can't change it. Edit the skin's skin.properties file, and change enableThumbnailLayout to true. Close the project, open it again, go to the Settings > Pages tab, and change the Columns setting to 99. Now make the album. I've uploaded the result in my test album, with 8 folders:

https://jefftucker.jalbum.net/ZZmenu/

But still no crashes, without needing to set start=0.

ETA: I've also uploaded the zipped project again, this time with all 8 folders.

https://jefftucker.jalbum.net/ZZmenu.zip
guyd

Posted: 19 Nov 22, 14:12   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Rainy day here in Belgium ! So I went back to my computer... just to confirm you that everything works fine in my project with your recommandations. So, no need for start="0" anymore. Will the change be implemented in skin.properties ?
JeffTucker

Posted: 19 Nov 22, 14:19   in response to: guyd in response to: guyd

guyd wrote:
Will the change be implemented in skin.properties ?

No, because this is really a jAlbum core bug that David will need to address. The skin, and your project, should work just fine without having to "tinker" with the skin coding. Changing skin.properties is just an easy, temporary work-around.
JeffTucker

Posted: 23 Jan 23, 15:20   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Attachment Zigzag.jaskin (457.3 KB)
Well, it's been over two months, and no Zigzag patch has appeared, despite my repeated reminders about it. I guess it's just never going to get fixed, at least not officially.

Here's my own Zigzag v. 2.2.3, which uses the simplest, most foolproof fix for the file iterator problem (fixing it in the core would be tricky, and might well louse up some other skin).
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums