This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18 Jan 23, 14:14 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
psk-gallery

Move Search Away From Sign In/Out - Causes Accidental Log-Out
Posted: 17 Jan 23, 01:20

Click to reply to this thread Reply
This is in regard to the local jAlbum software (in this case v.29.2.1) as used on a Windows PC, 1080p monitors.

I've accidentally logged out a few times by missing the small magnifying glass so close to the sign in/out. There is plenty of empty room in the GUI's top middle section on that same row to move it further left, ie. center of that row.

See mockup in attached .jpg -- red arrow shows where it is currently, green arrow and highlighted in blue where it could go.
jimberry

Re: Move Search Away From Sign In/Out - Causes Accidental Log-Out
Posted: 17 Jan 23, 09:19   in response to: psk-gallery in response to: psk-gallery

Attachment signout.jpg (27.1 KB)
Wouldn't it be better to leave the 3 icons together and separate the sign-out text?
RobM

Posted: 17 Jan 23, 10:46   in response to: psk-gallery in response to: psk-gallery

You could invoke the search by CTRL + SPACE' or by the menu, under ‘Help’, at least until this request has been responded too by jAlbum.
JeffTucker

Posted: 17 Jan 23, 16:26   in response to: psk-gallery in response to: psk-gallery

I've never had that problem, because I'm usually not logged in anyway. If you don't care about having your albums listed on your profile page, there's no reason to stay logged in to the application. Your license is still active, and you can still do uploads (even to your jalbum.net hosting space). The only thing that doesn't work if you're logged out is that albums you upload to other web hosts don't get listed on your profile page.
davidekholm

Posted: 18 Jan 23, 14:11   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

jimberry wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to leave the 3 icons together and separate the sign-out text?

That's a technical challenge. The look&feel is using special trickery to put the menus at that level. I don't know how easy it is to also put the sign out button there. Furthermore, on Mac, there is no toolbar within the window at all.
davidekholm

Posted: 18 Jan 23, 14:14   in response to: psk-gallery in response to: psk-gallery

Thanks for this feature suggestion. I've at least added a visual separator between the "Sign out" button and the search and help buttons now. To get hold of this fix, use jAlbum 29.2, then select Tools->External tools->"jAlbum core update" and restart jAlbum when prompted to.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums