This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26 Nov 22, 10:47 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

After a change of the Folder Image bounds no new thumbs are made
Posted: 23 Nov 22, 23:01

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I changed my Folder Image bounds from 200x150 to 120x90 with HiDPI thumbnails checked.

This has, after a Make, no effect: the images in the thumbs folders keep the old size 400x300.

Only if I first delete the thumbs by hand, they get after a Make the expected size 240x180.

Windows 10 and jAlbum 29.1.13
davidekholm

Re: After a change of the Folder Image bounds no new thumbs are made
Posted: 24 Nov 22, 09:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

I can't reproduce this. I've checked the generated thumbnail dimensions on disk after making such a change and hitting "Make album" and it does update. Ensure you're not being fooled by the browser's cache.
AndreWolff

Posted: 24 Nov 22, 16:34   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Ensure you're not being fooled by the browser's cache.
No I checked the properties of the images in the thumbs folder with the Internet Explorer.

You can see it in this album, this index pages was made by deleting the thumbs by hand and you see now the small folder thumbs, while in the 2020 index page you see the old large folder thumbs. (you should view this on a PC or tablet, not on a smartphone).

The folder thumbs of the smartphone version of this album were also made smaller, but this album was made without these problems.
davidekholm

Posted: 25 Nov 22, 00:10   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

but I can't reproduce this :-(
AndreWolff

Posted: 25 Nov 22, 20:06   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Today I added a new folder, see attached screenshot.

The new folder get the new folder bounds, but the two existing folders stiil have the wrong old size!
Very weird!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 25 Nov 2022, 20:42
davidekholm

Posted: 26 Nov 22, 10:47   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Yes indeed. I can't reproduce this.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums