This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 6 Oct 22, 21:30 Last Post By: phofrog Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
phofrog

Background music per Folder
Posted: 3 Oct 22, 22:41

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Switching from Turtle to Tiger skin, I do miss the feature background music per folder. That is a quite useful option. Is this lost (forever)?
JeffTucker

Re: Background music per Folder
Posted: 3 Oct 22, 22:57   in response to: phofrog in response to: phofrog

That does seem to have disappeared from Laza's skins, unless there's some undocumented "backdoor" way to do it, one that I can't find.
Laza

Posted: 4 Oct 22, 10:03   in response to: phofrog in response to: phofrog

No such was ever possible in Tiger skin. Using music files in folders as background music (as in Turtle) is such a mess, I didn't want to bother with in Tiger skin.
JeffTucker

Posted: 4 Oct 22, 13:31   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

It's still an option in a couple of my skins - Neptune and Saturn.
phofrog

Posted: 6 Oct 22, 21:28   in response to: phofrog in response to: phofrog

Thank you Laza and Jeff for your replies. I understand thaty the folder based music handling can be complex. But I like it, because different photo topics require different styles of music and make a show more attractive. I use it also in digital AV shows with crossfaded photos syncronized to the beat of music.

What I like with Laza's skins, is the option for the end user to freely enable or disable some display features (camera data, navigation menu …). And I like possibility to get a simple style focusing on photos without additional colorful or distracting elements.

Due to this, I am sorry: I have to stay with Turtle. May be one day there is an updated (simple) turtle like skin with background music per folder? One nice feature would also be a photo file based start of next audio file, when a certain photo is displayed. For example photo1 audio1 photo2 photo3 … photo5 audio 2 … with every music or audio clip file is starting/repeating until the next audio file is reached.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums