This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 38 - Pages: 3 [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] - Last Post: 7 Oct 22, 18:30 Last Post By: scuba_fan Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
JeffTucker

Re: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION When Browsing a folder from JAlbum
Posted: 29 Sep 22, 20:48   in response to: scuba_fan in response to: scuba_fan

Click to reply to this thread Reply
scuba_fan

Posted: 29 Sep 22, 20:52   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thank you!

UPDATE:
Still crashes immediately when either that directory exists and I navigate to it, or when I try to add it through a link.

Edited by: scuba_fan on 29 Sep 2022, 14:56

JeffTucker

Posted: 29 Sep 22, 21:01   in response to: scuba_fan in response to: scuba_fan
Helpful
Hmmm, so it does! Something has changed between the beta version in which I tested this, and the current release candidate.

I'll have to leave it to David to ID the cause.
davidekholm

Posted: 3 Oct 22, 14:02   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

jAlbum 29 should not perform worse than v28.1 in any regard. Both versions crash on some newer DNG files. We aim to update libraw to the current version soon. What's stopping us is a suitable working "glue" between libraw and Java. The plan is to soon switch to the LibRawFX project when it's been updated to support setting image parameters like white balance and brightness while loading images.
JeffTucker

Posted: 3 Oct 22, 14:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Honest, I got a "passable" result in one of the beta versions. Sorry, but I don't remember which one. Adding one of those images didn't immediately crash the app. It still wouldn't process one of those images, but it was at least workable.
davidekholm

Posted: 3 Oct 22, 15:00   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

JeffTucker wrote:
Honest, I got a "passable" result in one of the beta versions. Sorry, but I don't remember which one. Adding one of those images didn't immediately crash the app. It still wouldn't process one of those images, but it was at least workable.

Ok, odd, but that randomness is perhaps in line with the type of error. An access violation may behave differently depending on what address might be targeted. (guessing here)
davidekholm

Posted: 3 Oct 22, 15:02   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I actually put my trust in the upcoming LibRawFX release. I've posted en encouragement here: https://github.com/lanthale/LibRawFX/discussions/5
JeffTucker

Posted: 3 Oct 22, 15:09   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
...(guessing here)

If we didn't have hunches, we'd have nothing to go on at all. ;)

At least LibRawFX is an active project, unlike some of the open source stuff we often rely on. Lots of abandonware out there, always just one Java, Javascript, or browser update away from collapsing completely.
scuba_fan

Posted: 7 Oct 22, 18:30   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

JeffTucker wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
...(guessing here)

If we didn't have hunches, we'd have nothing to go on at all. ;)

At least LibRawFX is an active project, unlike some of the open source stuff we often rely on. Lots of abandonware out there, always just one Java, Javascript, or browser update away from collapsing completely.

Appreciate the diligence guys, thank you. That last statement @JeffTucker is a doozy. lol

Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums