This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30 Sep 22, 17:42 Last Post By: AndreWolff Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

New: LightGallery skin
Posted: 18 Sep 22, 13:47

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The new LightGallery skin skin has been derived from the FancyBox skin, but the facyBox-3 light-box script has been replaced by the fully responsive lightGallery library, which is highly optimized for touch screen devices.

20+ Hardware-Accelerated CSS3 slide transitions types are selectable by the viewer and animated thumbnails in a zoom in / out transition are used if you open or close the light-box, Several transition types are demonstrated in the styles/transitions sample albums.

Almost all index page features as used in the FancyBox skin are also used in the LightGallery skin, but the Cylindrical and Spherical panorama photo viewers are not available in the LightGallery skin. However the panorama settings panel can still be used to generate extra large image sizes for panorama pictures, which allows you the inspect the panorama in the light-box via zoom and pan.
The flexible slide descriptions below the slide image and in a side panel as used in FancyBox are also available in the LightBox skin.

If GPS information is available in a photo, the location can be displayed in Google Maps.
Use my program MakeMap to make a survey of the photo locations to display in a Google Maps or Google Earth map with links to the slide pages.
The slide page can be embedded in a web-page without the use of an iframe or JSON data.
Open the LightGallery sample albums to see what is possible with this new skin.

The lightGallery library used in this skin is a free and open-source library, however a commercial LightGallery license is required if you are using the skin for business, commercial sites, projects, and applications. We have permission of the lightGallery designer Sachin Neravath to use it without a license fee for non-commercial jAlbum users. More information on the “About” tab.

The viewer and user documentation is not yet completely ready.
JeffTucker

Re: New: LightGallery skin
Posted: 18 Sep 22, 14:01   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

https://jalbum.net/help/en/Developer_center

Don't use trade names, or the name of any of the third-party scripts you are using in the skin. For example, if you're using the greatstuff.js script, don't name the skin GreatStuff. This can lead to copyright and license violation problems, both for you and for jAlbum. Even if the script is open source and has a completely free license, this should still be avoided, even if the script author gives his permission. This kind of naming causes user confusion. People looking for the greatstuff.js script can inadvertently land on the jAlbum site, and are then puzzled about why they can't get the greatstuff.js script here.
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 14:07   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I have done that with FancyBox and with the PhotoSwipe skins, so I have no reason todo it now differently.

I have permission of the author of the lightGallery library to call it the LightGallery skin.
AnCa

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 16:36   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
I have permission of the author of the lightGallery library to call it the LightGallery skin.
Do you also have a commercial license for using it in "HTML templates", which a skin is, as mentioned here: https://www.lightgalleryjs.com/license/ ?
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 16:43   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
Do you also have a commercial license for using it in "HTML templates", which a skin is, as mentioned here: https://www.lightgalleryjs.com/license/ ?
No, that is not required, do read my post:

We have permission of the lightGallery designer Sachin Neravath to use it without a license fee for non-commercial jAlbum users.

Don't worry, David has a copy of all my correspondence I had with the developer of the lightGalley library,
AnCa

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 16:45   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
I have temporarily disabled the skin until the licensing has been cleared up.
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 16:46   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
I have temporarily disabled the skin until the licensing has been cleared up.

What a nonsense, do contact David, he knows exactly what I did!
AnCa

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 17:10   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
AnCa wrote:
No, that is not required
But what would a commercial user has to pay? $99 for a jAlbum Pro license and then another $239 to use the skin?

do contact David, he knows exactly what I did!
Yes, I'm sure we'll sort this out no later than tomorrow (during office hours).
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 17:17   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
AnCa wrote:
No, that is not required
But what would a commercial user has to pay? $99 for a jAlbum Pro license and then another $239 to use the skin?
You are kidding: $25 / lifetime as you can read in the pricing list.

Your $239 price is for compagnies like Apple, see attached screenshot.

If David buys such a license for jAlbum, commercial jAlbum users don’t have to pay an extra license for using the LightGallery skin.

Edited by: AndreWolff on 18 Sep 2022, 17:35
AnCa

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 17:43   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
You are kidding: $25 / lifetime as you can read in the pricing list
$25 is for personal use. To me that didn't sound like commercial use. But maybe it is.
That pricing page doesn't fit a user of a skin of jAlbum. It's for developers that want to use the library in their own product. So it's a bit confusing.
AndreWolff

Posted: 18 Sep 22, 17:46   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
That pricing page doesn't fit a user of a skin of jAlbum. It's for developers that want to use the library in their own product. So it's a bit confusing.
That is why I mailed with the owner of the library!

BTW USD 239 is peannuts compared to the unpaid time I put into making that skin!

Edited by: AndreWolff on 18 Sep 2022, 17:50
AnCa

Posted: 19 Sep 22, 18:38   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
AnCa wrote:
That is why I mailed with the owner of the library!
I have now enabled the skin again.

But can you change the status for "Commercial Use allowed" for the skin, so it's clear a 3rd party license is needed for commercial use?

The About tab for the skin links to a page on how to enter the license key. I think it's better to link to the license page (or maybe both).
AndreWolff

Posted: 30 Sep 22, 17:42   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The LightGallery skin has been updated to version 1.0.1 with the following changes:

• The text of check-box 'Skip index page' has been changed into 'Skip thumbnails pages'.
  • Audio control width enlarged to 250px to show the mute symbol.
  • The background color of the slide-show progress bar is now transparent.
  • Much code will be removed from file index.htm(l) if both check-marks 'Skip thumbnails pages' and 'Use LightGallery-placeholder' have been set and slidePage options ' Show location button' and 'Show Share window button' have not been set. You may set 'Show location button', but only if you set also 'Show location in a new tab ...'. This makes it easier to embedded a light-box in a an existing web page without iframes or JSON data, see my homepage www.andrewolff.nl.
  • If check-mark 'Hide navigation arrows on mobile devices' is set, these buttons are now also hidden on an iPad.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums