This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11 Dec 21, 17:02 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
TBradleyPhotog

Download of Video File
Posted: 28 Nov 21, 15:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Laza

I've started to add some videos to my galleries. The online player for videos works great! I've found, however, that the DOWNLOAD function doesn't work for movies. Instead, the ZIP that's created includes an HTML file rather than the actual video. Any way to update the download function so it contains the real video file?

As always, thanks for your help.

Tom
JeffTucker

Re: Download of Video File
Posted: 28 Nov 21, 16:02   in response to: TBradleyPhotog in response to: TBradleyPhotog

Looks like a bug - the option to offer a zip of the scaled images should include the processed video.

If you tell the skin to offer the originals for download, you do get the video, but in its original form, i.e., before jAlbum has processed it. So you might get an MOV, an M2TS, etc.
TBradleyPhotog

Posted: 29 Nov 21, 01:55   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Jeff - Thanks for testing this. I think normally you'd want to offer the processed video rather than the 4K original in order to achieve a reasonable file size for the end user to download. I'm not sure if this is a PhotoBlogger issue or a JAlbum issue so feel free to move this post if appropriate.
JeffTucker

Posted: 29 Nov 21, 02:00   in response to: TBradleyPhotog in response to: TBradleyPhotog

Purely a skin thing.
TBradleyPhotog

Posted: 11 Dec 21, 16:43   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Laza - Is this bug fix on your radar for a future update for Photoblogger? I'd like to allow people to download zips of scaled down videos just like they can download scaled down JPGs now.

As always, thanks!

Tom
Laza

Posted: 11 Dec 21, 17:02   in response to: TBradleyPhotog in response to: TBradleyPhotog

The core of the ZIP routine has been written before jAlbum offered video reprocessing, so it didn't include those. I will fix this for the next release.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums