This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23 Nov 21, 15:42 Last Post By: ghartley Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ghartley

Next/Prior image clicking to left/right of image
Posted: 22 Nov 21, 18:34

Click to reply to this thread Reply
When viewing a Tiger-based slideshow on laptop/PC browser, you can click on the right or left side of the image to advance to next (right) or go back to the prior image (left). However, if you click to the right or left of the image (i.e., not on image itself but on the filler to right/left) then there is no action.

I've used other photo software that basically advances when you're anywhere on the 50% right side of the screen and backs up to prior image if anywhere on the 50% left side of the screen. It's much more intuitive and doesn't require repositioning the mouse to flip thru photos if the aspect ratios change and the mouse pointer is suddenly not over the image.

Is there a way to accomplish this in the Tiger skin?

Thanks.
JeffTucker

Re: Next/Prior image clicking to left/right of image
Posted: 22 Nov 21, 19:21   in response to: ghartley in response to: ghartley

ghartley wrote:
However, if you click to the right or left of the image... then there is no action.

Actually, that should close the lightbox and return to the thumbnails, which is the common and expected behavior for modal windows.
ghartley

Posted: 22 Nov 21, 19:35   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks. I see. It's been a while since I configured it, but I now notice that I'd turned off "click beside to get back to index", which is the behavior you describe.

I'd had several people (mostly elderly) who said they kept ending up back on the index when they tried to advance the photos. I.e., At least for them, they expected different behavior. So I at least turned that feature off to avoid their confusion.

I take it then that what I describe isn't a possibility.

Thanks again.
JeffTucker

Posted: 22 Nov 21, 19:39   in response to: ghartley in response to: ghartley

ghartley wrote:
I take it then that what I describe isn't a possibility.

Not sure about that - we'll have to see what Laza says.

In my own skins, I sometimes take a hybrid approach - clicking on the left or right side of the image for prev/next, click off the image for "back to index," but also a couple of nav arrows hovering on the margins:

https://jefftucker.net/neptune/dark/

Maybe something like that would avoid the confusion. That also means that you can leave your mouse in one spot, and just keep clicking.
ghartley

Posted: 22 Nov 21, 19:48   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Yes. The hybrid approach in your example is helpful. Both in having explicit arrow buttons on the side of screen and the context-specific pointer (arrows when over image, and "-" to left/right of image).

Thanks again.
Laza

Posted: 23 Nov 21, 11:01   in response to: ghartley in response to: ghartley

No such option yet, but perhaps using this in combination with "click to return to index" = OFF could be a good idea.
ghartley

Posted: 23 Nov 21, 15:42   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums