Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22 Nov 21, 22:30 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
davidekholm

Updated look&feel for testing
Posted: 22 Nov 21, 19:33
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment flatlaf-1.6.4.jar (550.2 KB)
We're planning to add an updated version of jAlbum's "Flat Look & Feel" to future versions. This update is huge vs the current version (1.6.4 vs 0.37). Let me know if you find any abnormalities with this update! To try it, remove lib/flatlaf-0.37-SNAPSHOT.jar and put the attached version in its place.

(What triggered me to go for an update to this 3:rd party lib is reported nullpointer exceptions in the current version we use)
JeffTucker

Re: Updated look&feel for testing
Posted: 22 Nov 21, 21:08   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
No smoke or flames so far, and nothing that looks bad, Windows or macOS.

On macOS, of course, almost anything is better than the system default L&F, which is a disaster.
RobM

Posted: 22 Nov 21, 21:54   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
The new look seems to work fine and has the same look as before.

I have noticed an anomaly whilst looking, though not related to the L&F. It is when you select a project, then select a subfolder. The explore view shows the selected folder's content but the folder is not selected (Grey background highlight). The next subfolder clicked on is selected (Blue background highlight). See attached small video.
davidekholm

Posted: 22 Nov 21, 22:25   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Rob, that's just a factor of whether the folder tree has keyboard focus or not.
RobM

Posted: 22 Nov 21, 22:30   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Rob, that's just a factor of whether the folder tree has keyboard focus or not.
Thanks, I hadn’t noticed that behaviour before and only noticed it as I was looking at the interface rather than the project’s content.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums