This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 12 Nov 21, 17:53 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jeffkolker

Error uploading java messages
Posted: 8 Nov 21, 03:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello!

I would love to know what all this means, so I can make it stop. It happens during the upload, but I'm not sure if it's completed or not. It seems to be, but can't tell.

Thanks
Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
java.io.IOException: it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPIllegalReplyException
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.Ftp4jAdapter.put(Ftp4jAdapter.java:417)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean.put(RemoteFSBean.java:400)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean$RemoteFSHandler.invoke(RemoteFSBean.java:516)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy12.put(Unknown Source)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumManifest.write(AlbumManifest.java:127)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.UploadBean.uploadAlbum(UploadBean.java:852)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep$19.run(JPublishWizard.java:2046)
Caused by: it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPIllegalReplyException
at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.openPassiveDataTransferChannel(FTPClient.java:3200)
at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.openDataTransferChannel(FTPClient.java:3115)
at it.sauronsoftware.ftp4j.FTPClient.upload(FTPClient.java:2352)
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.Ftp4jAdapter.put(Ftp4jAdapter.java:413)
... 10 more
RobM

Re: Error uploading java messages
Posted: 8 Nov 21, 10:11   in response to: jeffkolker in response to: jeffkolker

The server has responded in an unexpected (illegal) way. Try changing the connection type in your uploaded, for JAlbum see ‘type’ under https://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum/Upload
JeffTucker

Re: Error uploading java messages
Posted: 12 Nov 21, 17:53   in response to: jeffkolker in response to: jeffkolker

I would strongly suggest switching to SFTP as the upload type, if your web host supports it. You might have to check with the host to determine the correct port number to use (SFTP often uses a nonstandard port number, depending upon the web host).

If you get that working, you should connect to your host and specify the "web root" again. I seem to recall having to do that when I switched to a secure connection.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums