This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15 Oct 21, 19:29 Last Post By: SMoriarty Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
SMoriarty

Bridge slideshow controls
Posted: 3 Oct 21, 18:56

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have looked for a mechanism to pause/resume a bridge slideshow. Is there a way to do this?
Laza

Re: Bridge slideshow controls
Posted: 15 Oct 21, 18:37   in response to: SMoriarty in response to: SMoriarty

Yes, possibly a pause/play button could be added with certain transitions, however not universally, as most effects like Ken Burns, 3D flip, or Book could not react immediately to the pause/play, making it a bad user experience. These transitions cannot be interrupted.
SMoriarty

Re: Bridge slideshow controls
Posted: 15 Oct 21, 19:29   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Because I misunderstood the intended function of Bridge, I thought it should behave just like an album, which does have the controls. So, I now think the controls are not necessary.

Without getting too far off topic, it would be useful to be able to "select" a subset of images from an album to be used (fed to?) a bridge on a webpage as a sort of "preview" of the album. That would address both my original concern about the number of items bridge can display and cut down the need to have controls to pause/resume a slideshow or carousel.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums