This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Oct 21, 14:35 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

NullPointerException in a Batch file
Posted: 12 Oct 21, 18:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I still see the NullPointerException in a batch file, see enclosed screenshot.
If I make the album via the Make button, there is no problem.

jAlbum 25, Windows 10
davidekholm

Re: NullPointerException in a Batch file
Posted: 13 Oct 21, 11:05   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Nullpointer exceptions can have zillions of causes. In this case it seems that the referred .info file is triggering multiple errors. I assume it's corrupted by some other software. Please attach it for inspection.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13 Oct 21, 14:26   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment .jalbum.zip (28.6 KB)
davidekholm wrote:
Please attach it for inspection.

Attached is the .jalbum folder.

I guess all these files are used both in batch mode and in direct mode, so why do I see the exception only in the batch mode?

Here is the corresponding album,
davidekholm

Posted: 13 Oct 21, 14:28   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Please provide me a zip of a full project, with a minimal amount of images, that demonstrates the problem.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13 Oct 21, 14:51   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Please provide me a zip of a full project, with a minimal amount of images, that demonstrates the problem.

You can download it here: https://www.andrewolff.nl/forum/test.zip

The image folder contains the project file and the batch file.

The batch file output is attached.
davidekholm

Posted: 13 Oct 21, 16:31   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Correct
Thanks André. I was able to reproduce this problem at about 1/3 of the times I ran from it from the command line. I haven't fully understood why it behaves like this from the command line, but I think I've found and addressed the root problem. Do a core update to 25.0.7 and try now.
AndreWolff

Posted: 13 Oct 21, 18:33   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Do a core update to 25.0.7 and try now.
Well David, if I select Tools > External tools > jAlbum core update > Yes, it says Update installed... but if I next start jAlbum as administrator, I still see 25.0.6 and not 25.0.7

And that verion still shows the exception message.
davidekholm

Posted: 14 Oct 21, 12:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
Do a core update to 25.0.7 and try now.
Well David, if I select Tools > External tools > jAlbum core update > Yes, it says Update installed... but if I next start jAlbum as administrator, I still see 25.0.6 and not 25.0.7

And that verion still shows the exception message.

Try running jAlbum as Administrator as you select Tools->External tools->jAlbum core update.
AndreWolff

Posted: 14 Oct 21, 13:55   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Try running jAlbum as Administrator as you select Tools->External tools->jAlbum core update.
I just tried to update as normal user and this time I ended with version 25.0.7.

And with the new version 25.0.7 I could run the batch file giving problems in the past without problems now.
davidekholm

Posted: 14 Oct 21, 14:35   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Great
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums