This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10 Sep 21, 22:42 Last Post By: linuxrog
linuxrog

Uploader Enhancement - Re-trie Connectins - Overcome Server Hiccups -
Posted: 10 Sep 21, 19:00

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The fantastic file upload component of jAlbum is very good. I use it all of the time. But, I have a problem that appears to be stymie the uploads: "hiccups" on uploads to my shared hosting server. I see this when using Filezilla, e.g., during connections, the server denies connect so Filezilla pauses and retries. It does finally give up after repeated tries but that usually succeeds. Hiccups during ongoing uploads don't stymie Filezilla.

So my enhancement request:

If a connect is denied during initiation of an upload, do retries.
Tell users retries are in progress.
After maybe four retries, stop and let users know the connection has been denied and why jAlbum is stopping.
FURTHER, during uploads, build-in pauses. Hiccups now result in obtuse messages.
Retry if necessary.

Another request / suggestion: when clicking on Smart Upload, there is a period of dead silence. Let users know that jAbum is working - what it is doing.

Thanks for considering my requests.

/Roger - the Linux user
JeffTucker

Re: Uploader Enhancement - Re-trie Connectins - Overcome Server Hiccups -
Posted: 10 Sep 21, 20:43   in response to: linuxrog in response to: linuxrog

If you're not already using SFTP for your uploading, try switching to it. I've found it to be much more robust.

You might also be exceeding your host's limit on simultaneous file transfers. Take a look at Tools > Preferences > Publishing > Max simultaneous transfers. I found that 8 was fine for my host, but more than that was asking for trouble.
linuxrog

Re: Uploader Enhancement - Re-trie Connectins - Overcome Server Hiccups -
Posted: 10 Sep 21, 22:42   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I'm using SFTP.

It's a matter of not connecting, not too many xfers. I check on this in another window to see if the server is responding for long periods.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums