This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19 Jul 21, 23:43 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Scroll to bottom of page
Posted: 19 Jul 21, 20:12

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Any chance of implementing a way of getting to the last post/bottom of the page?
On long threads, when browsing the forums, it can be a chore to have to keep scrolling to get to the last post of a long thread.

No problem when you get an email alert, but I don’t want to subscribe to all forums.
JeffTucker

Re: Scroll to bottom of page
Posted: 19 Jul 21, 20:19   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Attachment ss009097.png (29.3 KB)
Um....
JeffTucker

Posted: 19 Jul 21, 20:20   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Attachment ss009098.png (32.9 KB)
And another "live" link....
RobM

Posted: 19 Jul 21, 21:29   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Much easier to see on a desktop device, easy to miss on a small device/iPad.
Why not make the whole of the line, 'Last post date/time by...' the link?

Obviously, even though you are nearly a year older your eyes are a year younger than mine. ;)

I'll mark it as answered, but I still think it could be made more obvious on smaller screens.
JeffTucker

Posted: 19 Jul 21, 22:10   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

The real problem here is that this is one of those things that's buried somewhere deep in the Jive forum software, and no one knows what's in there. It's ancient and unsupported. If there isn't a control for it in the admin console (and I'm sure there isn't), this can't be altered.

Things like the font sizes and decorations might be changeable, since those are CSS things, but what's included in the link anchor can't be tinkered with.
RobM

Posted: 19 Jul 21, 23:38   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Attachment SmallScreen.png (26.5 KB)
JeffTucker wrote:
The real problem here is that this is one of those things that's buried somewhere deep in the Jive forum software, and no one knows what's in there. It's ancient and unsupported. If there isn't a control for it in the admin console (and I'm sure there isn't), this can't be altered.

Things like the font sizes and decorations might be changeable, since those are CSS things, but what's included in the link anchor can't be tinkered with.

You've probably already seen the effect of narrow browser window - but attached to to show my point, that it is not as obvious.

Sooner or later, this ancient forum software will end up like most really old stuff - not working well, or not working at all. It's a big job, I just hope there is a plan! ;)
JeffTucker

Posted: 19 Jul 21, 23:43   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Sooner or later, this ancient forum software will end up like most really old stuff - not working well, or not working at all. It's a big job, I just hope there is a plan! ;)

A while back, I suggested that if jAlbum can get another student intern, a good project would be to have him or her install new forum software and handle the transition. Good, real-world experience.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums