This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19 Jul 21, 09:34 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobMacDonald

Thumbnails Zoomed In
Posted: 17 Jul 21, 12:31

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

I'm having an issue that I need some guidance on. I'm using JA 24.1 and Story 2.10 on an iMac/Catalina 10.15.7.

I recently notice that some of the thumbnails being displayed on a webpage for a folder are zoomed in. An example can be found here:

https://robsphotos.blog/birds/landbirds/

This is a fairly large folder but I'll provide the title for both zoomed and 'normal' thumbnails.

Story Settings:
Images-->Thumbnail threshold: 3:2
Images-->Thumbnail Layout: Masonry
Images-->Columns: 4
Images-->Gap: 2

For both the correctly displaying and incorrectly displaying thumbnails, the setting for
Image data-->Treat image as is set to Default.

So if you open the above URL and scroll, the first Thumbnails all look to be formatted as expected. But if you scroll way down (sorry, lots of images on this page), you'll begin to see the problem thumbnails.

If you search for the term 'Androscoggin', it should bring you to an area where the zoomed thumbnail formatting is evident. There should be a Nuthatch and Warbler beside and below that don't look to be formatted correctly (all three are set to Default on the image data setting).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if I have a setting wrong and this is the expected behavior or is this a issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rob MacDonald
Laza

Re: Thumbnails Zoomed In
Posted: 18 Jul 21, 18:52   in response to: RobMacDonald in response to: RobMacDonald

As I see the thumbnails are smaller than the required size, therefor the skin thinks they are "tiny", so employ a different type of fitting. I will check why this happens. Perhaps using more columns would never end up in this scenario. Also, it seems you are using all thumbnails as preloaded, therefore all of the images get loaded on page load. This odd behavior, however, never happens with post-loaded thumbnails. I suggest using the default value: 20.
RobMacDonald

Posted: 18 Jul 21, 21:20   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks Laza,

I'll adjust the settings as you suggest. I do see that the "number of preloaded thumbnails' is set to 20 in the Story --> Advanced settings. Not yet sure why all of the thumbnails are preloading.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Rob MacDonald
Laza

Posted: 19 Jul 21, 09:34   in response to: RobMacDonald in response to: RobMacDonald

You are right, the preloaded thumbs count is 20. I just couldn't find the code that adds "tiny" in the post-loading routine and assumed your album does preload all.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums