This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 7 Jul 21, 16:59 Last Post By: timmyleeturner Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
timmyleeturner

New error message every time
Posted: 19 May 21, 20:20

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I never used to have any issues with uploading these albums, but now it's a new error every time. The last time it was a 3 page report that someone told me just means too many connections, So I cut down the connections and the album seemed to have uploaded fine.. (haven't checked ever page) but still got this:
com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.ControlChannelIOException: Read timed out
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.readLine(FTPControlSocket.java:1090)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.readReply(FTPControlSocket.java:1150)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.sendCommand(FTPControlSocket.java:1049)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.createDataSocketPASV(FTPControlSocket.java:876)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPControlSocket.createDataSocket(FTPControlSocket.java:632)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.createDataSocket(FTPClient.java:2756)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.initPut(FTPClient.java:2819)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.putData(FTPClient.java:2916)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.putStream(FTPClient.java:2623)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.put(FTPClient.java:2497)
at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.put(FTPClient.java:2562)
at info.cqs.remotefs.ftp.FtpAdapter.put(FtpAdapter.java:383)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean.put(RemoteFSBean.java:400)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at info.cqs.remotefs.RemoteFSBean$RemoteFSHandler.invoke(RemoteFSBean.java:516)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy11.put(Unknown Source)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumManifest.write(AlbumManifest.java:127)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.UploadBean.uploadAlbum(UploadBean.java:752)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JPublishWizard$PublishStep$19.run(JPublishWizard.java:2049)
JeffTucker

Re: New error message every time
Posted: 19 May 21, 23:34   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

If it's a different error every time, that suggests a basic connection problem - you're sporadically losing the link between your PC and your server. The jAlbum upload module usually does a decent job of compensating for this, but there's a limit. Try pinging your server, and watching for something like lost packets, which would be a sign of trouble.

You might also get a more reliable connection by using SFTP instead of regular FTP. It looks like you're hosting with InMotion, which does support SFTP. However, the only information I can find indicates that they're a little behind the curve, and are still requiring you to set up a private key before you can use it. I'd suggest contacting them for up-to-date instructions.

The last time I had weird uploading problems, it turned out that my cable modem was getting flaky. The tip-off was that I saw the same kinds of problems uploading to my own web host, and to jalbum.net. Big hint that the problem was very close to home!
timmyleeturner

Posted: 10 Jun 21, 16:03   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I uploaded another album yesterday and received the same error, but the contents are all there so there was no failure. Could this be a false error? I mean it stopped my process but there was actually nothing wrong.
davidekholm

Posted: 7 Jul 21, 10:52   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner

We've spotted an issue causing jAlbum to not always release open connections. This in turn causes the ftp server to run out of free connections for your account. To get the fix, first update to jAlbum 24, then select Tools->External tools->"jAlbum core update" and restart jAlbum when prompted.
timmyleeturner

Posted: 7 Jul 21, 16:57   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the update.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums