This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Jun 21, 20:10 Last Post By: davidekholm
webmaster201

Albums Moved to External Drive
Posted: 14 Jun 21, 17:50

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have read some of the threads about external drives but am not entirely clear. To free up some storage space on my internal drive, I moved my albums to an external drive. I think I now want to move these albums back to my internal drive, because I suspect jAlbum works best with albums in that location. So I did a test and copied (outside of jAlbum) one album back into the internal folder, but I don't see any way to access it from within jAlbum.It certainly doesn't show up in the sidebar where the projects are, and quitting and restarting the program didn't help either.
JeffTucker

Re: Albums Moved to External Drive
Posted: 14 Jun 21, 18:04   in response to: webmaster201 in response to: webmaster201
Correct
The project list on the left side is just a "most recent projects" list. It doesn't search your hard drive for all existing projects. Just choose File, Open and navigate to the project.
RobM

Posted: 14 Jun 21, 18:11   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

You can use Menu > File > Project Gallery or CMD/CNTL + G and then set the Location to 'My albums'.
webmaster201

Posted: 14 Jun 21, 18:40   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

When I click to open the project after navigating to it, it doesn't open the project - it just keeps opening more Finder windows.
RobM

Posted: 14 Jun 21, 18:50   in response to: webmaster201 in response to: webmaster201
Helpful
webmaster201 wrote:
When I click to open the project after navigating to it, it doesn't open the project - it just keeps opening more Finder windows.
You have to select the .jap file, then open it
webmaster201

Posted: 14 Jun 21, 18:58   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks - that seemed to solve things.
davidekholm

Posted: 14 Jun 21, 20:10   in response to: webmaster201 in response to: webmaster201

Another way to open a project, no matter where it's located, is to drop the project folder onto jAlbum.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums