This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 5 Apr 21, 21:31 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
rfm2

Not staying signed in
Posted: 4 Apr 21, 23:24

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Starting about a week or so ago, when I am on jalbum.net (usually in the community forum) and I close the page, not exit, the next time I open jalbum.net I am not signed in, even though on every sign in the "stay signed in" box is checked, and I have set Ccleaner to not delete jalbum cookies. This has happened to me a few times in the past and I can't remember what the problem or fix was. I need a refresher.

Apparently the problem cropped up when I recently changed the default browser. Although I had protected the jalbum.net cookies from being deleted in the browser and in Ccleaner, apparently there was some combination of settings that still was alllowing the cookies to be deleted on browser exit. Through a series of experiments with other settings, the sign in is finally back to holding. Unfortunately, I can't describe what settings combination did the trick. Sorry for the false alarm.

Edited by: rfm2 on 05-Apr-2021 21:16
JeffTucker

Re: Not staying signed in
Posted: 5 Apr 21, 21:31   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Glad you got it worked out. Some of the "clear on exit" settings are very tough to find, as are the "what cookies to allow" settings.

I've had the opposite problem - if I want to logout as JeffTucker and login in with another, non-moderator account to check something, the browser stubbornly keeps logging me in!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums