This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18 Mar 21, 20:23 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
JeffTucker

File chooser error in web location edit mode
Posted: 4 Mar 21, 14:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
When editing a web location, the Image URL file chooser doesn't start in my.pictures.path, nor does it remember the last used location. It always goes back to the root of the file system.
JeffTucker

Re: File chooser error in web location edit mode
Posted: 17 Mar 21, 16:10   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Tap, tap, tap.... Is this thing on?
davidekholm

Posted: 17 Mar 21, 16:30   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Sorry for not commenting. Is this a Windows behavior?
JeffTucker

Posted: 17 Mar 21, 16:47   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Yes, it's a Windows thing.

On a Mac, it remembers the last file system location. Sounds good, right? Well, maybe. It remembers the last location forever, and takes you there even if the last time you used a file chooser was to get a music file. Perhaps upon a fresh launch of jAlbum, it should default to Pictures, but I can imagine some users wanting it to remember that they keep their image files somewhere else, and not keep reverting to Pictures. Maybe best left alone, in that case.
davidekholm

Posted: 18 Mar 21, 19:55   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

I've now reworked this a bit. If you have a file path or file URL in the text field next to the file chooser button then the file chooser dialogue will open in that corresponding directory, otherwise it tries to open the directory corresponding to the currently open folder within jAlbum.

You can try this update if you update jAlbum 23.2.x to 23.2.7 by doing a core update.

JeffTucker

Posted: 18 Mar 21, 20:23   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

That's an improvement, but I'm still puzzled. Every other file chooser, like the main Add button, starts in Pictures, and then remembers the file location from one invocation to the next. And on Mac, it remembers the last location. Why is this one different?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums