This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 8 Dec 20, 20:42 Last Post By: AndreWolff
AndreWolff

Is saveUI() still required in a compiled GUI?
Posted: 6 Dec 20, 11:43

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I converted the FancyBox panorama panel to a compiled version and did add a string moreInfoURL for a in a folder, see the code displayed here.

The new moreInfoURL field is not used in any FocusListener or ActionListener as is advised in Davids Creating a custom user interface non-compiled example code and I don't call saveUI at all.

But I have the impression that the entered string is always correctly saved. I tested it by going to the next image or clicking the make button after entering a string.

So I wonder is there a a difference between the compiled and non-compiled version or is an automatic save action done in the most recent jAlbum version?

What should I do to prove that still some kind of save code is required?
davidekholm

Re: Is saveUI() still required in a compiled GUI?
Posted: 8 Dec 20, 20:28   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The behavior doesn't change if you use compiled code instead of interpreted code. saveUI() is automatically called as you move between images (when setAlbumObject) is called.
AndreWolff

Re: Is saveUI() still required in a compiled GUI?
Posted: 8 Dec 20, 20:42   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
The behavior doesn't change if you use compiled code instead of interpreted code. saveUI() is automatically called as you move between images (when setAlbumObject) is called.
It is apparently also automatically saved if I do not move to another image, but instead click the make button.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums