I am currently working on a new Projector album, that will be a "best of" my travel photos. In addition to the classical manual navigation folder by folder, I would like to add the posibility to launch all folders one after the other.
1) Is this feature technically possible (e.g. due to the computer/Internet safety limitations)?
2) Is this feature related to jAlbum in general ? or to the skin?
3) Does this feature already exist (didn't found it yet)?
4) Does this feature require some HTML5 or json coding?
My idea was to give people the choice between:
1) A "manual" navigation by selecting the folder you want > this is the default navigation with projector.
2) An "automatic" navigation, with e.g. a separate command or specific folder selection called "view all" which will link all folders one after one.
1. Completely flat structure: all images appear in the thumbnails panel and the gallery starts with this flat album
2. Link one folder after the other: you start with the folders album, but then when you navigate to a subfolder and view the pictures it jumps automatically to the next folder after reaching the last one. The same happens during a slideshow.
As this album will include photos from multiple countries/towns, of course not everyone would be willing to see all photos.
So the user may choose between "cheery picking" (manual navigation) or looking at all photos as a single slide show (thus without having to manually select each and every folders).
An idea would be to add a folder "View all", that calls all photos in the same order?
I still don't understand why linking folders is good? When the user clicks the next button on the last photo of folder 1, the fist photo of the next folder will come. What is the problem with this method? (The link works backwards too.)