This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21-Nov-2020 21:23 Last Post By: JeffTucker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
JeffTucker

Web location just as a link not working
Posted: 18-Nov-2020 20:10

Click to reply to this thread Reply
If I create an album with a handful of images and one web location, and tell Story to show the web location as Link only, I still get a thumbnail for it. This happens whether I tell Story to include web locations in the footer or not. In this case, I told it to include the link in the footer.

(demo album removed)

The Mister Neutron image is the web location.
Laza

Re: Web location just as a link not working
Posted: 19-Nov-2020 13:14   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thanks, I am now redesigning Web locations with lot more design layouts, for example, you can have the same look as for folders, to support master albums.
JeffTucker

Posted: 19-Nov-2020 14:11   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Tough to know how to deal with web locations, because different users want to use them in very different ways. I've resisted the urge to treat them differently, but that means that in my skins, with a mix of images and web locations, they're not differentiated in any way - the user can drag them all to the end or the beginning of the thumbnails, but that's about it.

For a master album, where there are no other album objects, the user can just make the thumbnails bigger (more like folders). In that context, it's simple. But when you've got web locations mixed in with other things - images, videos, folders - it starts getting byzantine, in a hurry! Best of luck. ;)
JeffTucker

Posted: 21-Nov-2020 21:23   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Fixed in Story v. 1.15.1.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums