This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Nov-2020 09:57 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
SylvainPhoto

Hide a file
Posted: 02-Nov-2020 21:49

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello

With the story skin, every htt file will have two output :
  • a file
  • a new section in the final index.html file

Sometimes, I would like that JAlbum generate a file but doesn't add a section to index.html.
Today, it is possible to hide a folder. Would it be possible to hide a file ?
Laza

Re: Hide a file
Posted: 03-Nov-2020 13:15   in response to: SylvainPhoto in response to: SylvainPhoto

Today jAlbum cannot "hide" custom pages, only folders. Perhaps in the future we could add this possibility to pages too.
ronvanrossum

Posted: 03-Nov-2020 18:00   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Yes please! I've asked this feature back in 2015..
davidekholm

Posted: 03-Nov-2020 18:55   in response to: ronvanrossum in response to: ronvanrossum

The next jAlbum release will allow you to hide pages too. (but skins need to be updated to support this)
AndreWolff

Posted: 03-Nov-2020 19:32   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
The next jAlbum release will allow you to hide pages too. (but skins need to be updated to support this)
??? Why? What type of code has to be changed in a skin?
davidekholm

Posted: 03-Nov-2020 23:36   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
davidekholm wrote:
??? Why? What type of code has to be changed in a skin?

web pages aren't included automatically like images and folders. That's why respecting the hidden status is up to the skin. This only applies if your skin supports custom pages, and you may very well choose to ignore the hidden status of web pages. In a skin like Story, it's however relevant to respect it.

Edited by: davidekholm on 03-Nov-2020 23:36
JeffTucker

Posted: 03-Nov-2020 23:45   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Just don't ever extend it to regular files, like JPG's, at least not without a lot of advance warning. Even if a <ja:fileiterator> might deal with it correctly, there are now lots of skins that do their own tree traversal, and when it comes to ordinary album objects, they're not checking for "hidden" status!
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Nov-2020 08:55   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
web pages aren't included automatically like images and folders. That's why respecting the hidden status is up to the skin. This only applies if your skin supports custom pages, and you may very well choose to ignore the hidden status of web pages.
Well I am still confused: about.htt is a web-page correct?
Well my skin supports custom pages, but nowhere in my skin I see a statement to include about.htt, so it is added automatically.

But I have no idea what the difference is between 'hidden'and éxcluded'.
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2020 09:55   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

JeffTucker wrote:
Just don't ever extend it to regular files, like JPG's, at least not without a lot of advance warning. Even if a <ja:fileiterator> might deal with it correctly, there are now lots of skins that do their own tree traversal, and when it comes to ordinary album objects, they're not checking for "hidden" status!

I agree fully.
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2020 09:57   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
Well my skin supports custom pages, but nowhere in my skin I see a statement to include about.htt, so it is added automatically.

You don't see it explicitly, but these web pages are included in AlbumObject API, but they're not part of the ja:iterator iterating

But I have no idea what the difference is between 'hidden'and éxcluded'.

Excluded = Don't include in album
Hidden = Include in album, but don't show link to it / thumbnail for it
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums