This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19 Sep 20, 08:54 Last Post By: AndreWolff
kilobravo

MAJOR Help From The Blog Post
Posted: 18 Sep 20, 15:50

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Folks: Thanks SO much for enabling the Tips and especially the point to the blog post regarding performance. Somehow, the option to only process modified subdirectories got unchecked and re-enabling it sped up my Make Album dramatically...thank you!

Unfortunately, I'm still puzzled by the amount of data that is uploaded after only a minor change, like moving the position of an image in a given gallery. I just tested this and while Make was super fast, the upload was 500mb. So, my question is, what is causing this? I have a 400 up connection so it's not ultra painful but it still takes awhile and, longer than I remember in the past.

(see attached screen grab)

On another subject, I am occasionally getting errors after making or uploading and those are included in the attached text file.

Finally, I'm also stumped by Preferences/Album...Project Directory, Output directory, and Web directory. I say this because in my Output directory with "Under Web" selected, points to a directory that doesn't exist.

Sorry for multiple questions but I figured I would be "efficient." :-)

TIA,

KB

Edited by: kilobravo on 18-Sep-2020 15:52
RobM

Re: MAJOR Help From The Blog Post
Posted: 18 Sep 20, 16:13   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

kilobravo wrote:
Folks: Thanks SO much for enabling the Tips and especially the point to the blog post regarding performance. Somehow, the option to only process modified subdirectories got unchecked and re-enabling it sped up my Make Album dramatically...thank you!
You are using Tiger skin, so that option should not be checked, see Tiger concepts
RobM

Posted: 18 Sep 20, 16:28   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

kilobravo wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm still puzzled by the amount of data that is uploaded after only a minor change, like moving the position of an image in a given gallery. I just tested this and while Make was super fast, the upload was 500mb. So, my question is, what is causing this? I have a 400 up connection so it's not ultra painful but it still takes awhile and, longer than I remember in the past.
You have a single album, the lifeboat file itself is 500KB. Tiger uses jason database files and these can become large. Maybe consider making an album of albums, plus side is make and uploads quicker, downside is not being able to search all albums in one go.
RobM

Posted: 18 Sep 20, 16:45   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

kilobravo wrote:
Finally, I'm also stumped by Preferences/Album...Project Directory, Output directory, and Web directory. I say this because in my Output directory with "Under Web" selected, points to a directory that doesn't exist.
See Preferences/Album
Your output directory is set to d:\jalbum\galleries
With ‘Under web directory selected jAlbum would have suggested ‘web’ as the folder name, so it looks like you picked that location.
kilobravo

Posted: 18 Sep 20, 18:35   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

As usual, the directory issue was me...I saw those odd directories BUT didn't have the main gallery selected. Once I did, the <CTRL><I,O, etc> worked and, pointed to the desired locations as you mentioned.

The multiple gallery idea is thought-provoking as at least half of the images rarely get viewed. If I can determine those, I could make a second gallery and speed up things substantially on the more recent one.

I know you folks can see these settings in your sleep but for some of us who can't, it's often difficult to find the one you need. :-)

So again as always, many, many thanks.

KB

Edited by: kilobravo on 18-Sep-2020 18:35
RobM

Posted: 18 Sep 20, 19:56   in response to: kilobravo in response to: kilobravo

Regarding the error, it appears to be the same problem as reported here. Maybe the problem has crept back in?
kilobravo

Posted: 19 Sep 20, 00:59   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

It does seem similar.
AndreWolff

Posted: 19 Sep 20, 08:54   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Regarding the error, it appears to be the same problem as reported here. Maybe the problem has crept back in?
Yes, I think so, see here.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums