Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25 Aug 20, 06:35 Last Post By: JeffTucker
timmyleeturner

Error message 'Info.cqs.remotefs.remoteFSException: com'
Posted: 25 Aug 20, 04:36
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Ok, it looks like this issue has been around a long time, but I don't see a clear answer, unless I'm missing it. I've had very little problem uploading before, but now am getting this error. Even more odd, it appears that my entire 3300 picture album is all there, but I got the error anyway. Maybe I'm wrong. Is there some where I can look to see exactly what to upload manually using another FTP client so as to avoid this issue? I also got an error when I attempted to log into the forum, " An error in the system has occurred. Please contact the system administrator if the problem persists.

type: null
"

Lots of errors tonight.
JeffTucker

Re: Error message 'Info.cqs.remotefs.remoteFSException: com'
Posted: 25 Aug 20, 06:02   in response to: timmyleeturner in response to: timmyleeturner
I split this from the original thread, since that one was a couple of years old, and things have changed since then. Besides that, the error message about a remote file system exception is a generic error message - in other words, it can cover a whole collection of different problems.

I wouldn't advise trying to switch to a standalone FTP client program. That's unlikely to make things better, and will definitely slow down your uploads.

Are you using the current version of jAlbum? Your license information seems to indicate that you're stuck on jAlbum 12, and there have been many, many improvements in the jAlbum uploading module since then. The best solution to your problem may be to update to jAlbum 21.

I haven't seen any problem with logging in to the forum, but I haven't been on a while, so it might have been something intermittent. But if you're still running into it, that suggests that there's a problem with your internet connection - bad router, bad cable modem, a problem with your ISP, etc. - which might also explain your uploading errors. Try power cycling everything, of course. And pay attention to what's happening on other sites that you log in to - if you're seeing errors elsewhere, that means that it's not a jAlbum problem.
JeffTucker

Re: Error message 'Info.cqs.remotefs.remoteFSException: com'
Posted: 25 Aug 20, 06:35   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker
And if your albums are uploading properly, but you're getting an error at the very end of the process, that suggests that it's having trouble uploading the manifest file, which is the last thing it does. Not needed for the album itself, but it speeds up subsequent updates of that album.

Try connecting to your hosting account and deleting the manifest.jmf file from the server (in the folder for the project you're working on). Then try the upload again. It will be much slower the first time, because it doesn't have the advantage of using the manifest file, but if this gets it past the error, subsequent uploads will be fast again.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums