This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 02-Aug-2020 18:48 Last Post By: johnnyjomp Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
johnnyjomp

Matrix : skin error
Posted: 31-Jul-2020 04:56

Click to reply to this thread Reply
hello everyone
I have just reinstalled Jalbum & Matrix on a new Mac Pro and I am getting this error message when I make the album. Didn't have this problem on my old computers. Any idea what is up?

Thank you!
John

Stack trace for jAlbum 15.2 using skin Matrix 56:

se.datadosen.util.ScriptException: bsh.EvalError: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``isLogoThisLevel = isLogoTitlebar && (!logoTopOnly || level == 0); styleString = . . . '' : illegal use of undefined object or 'void' literal : at Line: 23 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``isLogoThisLevel = isLogoTitlebar && (!logoTopOnly || level == 0); styleString = . . . '' : ) ctLocInsertTopinfo = cleanString ( locInsertTopinfo ) ;
in predir.bsh at line number 23
at se.datadosen.util.ScriptException.of(ScriptException.java:59)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.processScript(AlbumBean.java:2396)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.makeAlbumForFolder(AlbumBean.java:1391)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.makeAlbum(AlbumBean.java:2689)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.smartMakeAlbum(AlbumBean.java:2608)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.JAlbumFrame$5.run(JAlbumFrame.java:1055)
jGromit

Re: Matrix : skin error
Posted: 31-Jul-2020 05:29   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp

Close the project and close jAlbum. Launch jAlbum, open the project again, and the error should disappear.
johnnyjomp

Posted: 01-Aug-2020 19:50   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you very much, that did it!
jGromit

Posted: 01-Aug-2020 23:23   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp
Helpful
Glad it's working, but I wish I could persuade you to switch to a more modern skin. Matrix was OK, but it's non-responsive (try your site on a phone), it's not swipe-enabled (iPad and below), and the design is a bit dated.

I grabbed your logo and home page verbiage, and put together a little demo album using Saturn. I put some of your text on the home page, and the rest on an information page (click the "i" icon). I've used my own stock images, of course. I stuck to your general design, but this is more crisp. The focus is on the images, without any clutter. And it works on everything from a large monitor to a phone, and responds to swipes.

https://jefftucker.net/jomptest/

I'll leave this up for a week or so.
johnnyjomp

Posted: 01-Aug-2020 23:34   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you!
I was looking at other skins, but didn’t find one I liked which used folders. I’ll have another look. Thanks again!
John
johnnyjomp

Posted: 02-Aug-2020 08:20   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

One reason I like my Matrix skin Is because it uses a folder hierarchy.I couldn’t find a newer skin which allowed that. In the site you put together for me, I would want subfolders of the Saturn folder, for example, 1 folder for b&w photos and one for colour. Which skins can do that?
PHJones

Posted: 02-Aug-2020 09:06   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp

jGromit

Posted: 02-Aug-2020 10:43   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp
Helpful
johnnyjomp wrote:
Which skins can do that?

All of them. The only exceptions I know of are my Venus skin, which allows only one level of folders, and Shuffle, which doesn't support any folders. The rest of the skins all support as many layers of folders as you care to create.

ETA: Demo album updated, with the "Saturn" folder split into two subfolders, one for the planet and the other for its moons.
johnnyjomp

Posted: 02-Aug-2020 18:47   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you! Obviously I need to look more in depth at the options!
johnnyjomp

Posted: 02-Aug-2020 18:48   in response to: PHJones in response to: PHJones

Thank you! I’ll have a look.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums