This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 25 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 29-Jun-2020 14:05 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Dschuwi

Re: Please make it possible to generate a 2nd set of slides
Posted: 15-Jan-2016 18:24   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Andre - so much is possible with jAlbum, as David proves with his code snipped again.

Instead of "I need - you have to do it" it would be much nicer to ask "I want - I tried - I can't figure out - please help".

You are a skin developer - YOU need to: Try, search, copy code snippets, and yes: Often you need to ask for help. And help is there. Not always ready for copy/paste, and sometimes it needs time. But in the end - hey: It is about YOUR needs and YOUR skin ...
AndreWolff

Posted: 16-Jan-2016 17:51   in response to: Dschuwi in response to: Dschuwi

Dschuwi wrote:
Instead of "I need - you have to do it" it would be much nicer to ask "I want - I tried - I can't figure out - please help".
Please do read the title of this thread!
jGromit

Posted: 16-Jan-2016 18:02   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

The title is fine. It's the rest of your posts that are full of demands, accusations that David is wasting his time on other things (in other words, things that you don't care about), and so on.
AndreWolff

Posted: 16-Jan-2016 23:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
The title is fine. It's the rest of your posts that are full of demands, accusations that David is wasting his time on other things (in other words, things that you don't care about), and so on.
I did not say that David is wasting his time, that are your words!
I just did give my opinion, is that not allowed?
jGromit

Posted: 16-Jan-2016 23:18   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
It is a pity that David does not react himself and concentrates development on items which most people do not use instead of paying attention to requirements for mobile devices which most people use these days.
jGromit

Posted: 16-Jan-2016 23:22   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:

Your opinion is always the same. A typical AndreWolff post:

1. I need X for my skin.
2. This is obviously the perfect way to do things, so every other skin should do exactly the same thing.
3. Therefore, X should be a jAlbum core function.

The problem is with step 2. When others respond that they don't think that X is the way to do things, or that they don't think there's any need for it, you get stubborn. Instead of just implementing it in your own skin, you keep insisting that David should take care of this for you.

It's grown very, very tiresome.
davidekholm

Posted: 17-Jan-2016 00:03   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

André, I hope you take the critique in this thread in a constructive way. I agree with what they're saying.

You wanted a one liner function to generate extra slides. I showed you a code snippet that you easily can turn into such a function (add two lines of code). The AlbumImage API requires a few more lines of code, but is a better fit for a API as it allows for more flexibility and performance: If you for instance wish to produce one more size, you can just have the AlbumImage make one more scaling of an already scaled image. If you wish to apply filters (the standard ones or additional ones), the API allows for it, etc. It's still to be considered a high level API.
jimberry

Posted: 17-Jan-2016 01:59   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
Of course it is allowed but so are the opinions of others.
It just appears to most of us that you feel your opinion is the only one that matters.
AndreWolff

Posted: 17-Jan-2016 10:54   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
André, I hope you take the critique in this thread in a constructive way. I agree with what they're saying.
David I got the message and in March I will try to use your code. Thanks!
AndreWolff

Posted: 24-Apr-2016 18:55   in response to: KeesSnepvangers in response to: KeesSnepvangers

KeesSnepvangers wrote:
Interesting. Did you find a way that the device choices which pictures it should download?
Yes, see http://photoswipe.com/documentation/responsive-images.html

I tested this in this example: http://andrewolff.jalbum.net/Reestdal_PSB/, but the effect is minimal, so I will not implement this feature in the PhotoSwipe skin.

Edited by: jGromit on 29-Jun-2020 08:03 to fix non-working link. Nope, still non-working. Album doesn't exist.
jGromit

Posted: 29-Jun-2020 14:05   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
I tested this in this ..., but the effect is minimal, so I will not implement this feature in the PhotoSwipe skin.

So can we now agree that there's no need for jAlbum to provide images in multiple resolutions? Make up your mind.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums