This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Jun-2020 20:55 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
TBradleyPhotog

Photoblogger - Generate Email Notifications using JAlbum Server
Posted: 25-Jun-2020 19:44

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Laza

I just noticed that the JAlbum "Comments Widget" generates an email when a visitor to the gallery adds a comment. My albums are hosted on my domain so I was a little surprised to see that the email comes from the JAlbum server. Could this same email functionality be used within Photoblogger's Feedback feature? Currently, the feedback email relies on the email client software that is loaded on the users workstation. As we know, that's not always reliable because some people use web based email (e.g. gmail) and PhotoBlogger can't hook into those web based platforms. To get around that, we have the "Copy to Clipboard" functionality but it seems rather confusing to ask the user to copy/paste.

Most of the Feedback functionality could remain unchanged. It's just that the "Send Feedback" button would generate the email from the JAlbum server (similar to how it sends comments). Sending the feedback from the JAlbum server would be a consistent platform and eliminate any issues with client workstation configurations. You might also be able to generate an email when someone places an order, etc.

Thanks for considering it.

Tom
Laza

Re: Photoblogger - Generate Email Notifications using JAlbum Server
Posted: 25-Jun-2020 20:55   in response to: TBradleyPhotog in response to: TBradleyPhotog

Click to reply to this thread Reply
We've been talking about this in the past. The concern is that if someone hacks our mail server for spamming that could stop all our communication (newsletter, sign up, notifications). Perhaps using another domain could mitigate the risk. I'll suggest reconsidering this.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums