This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Jun-2020 19:57 Last Post By: RobM Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
badgerdid

Adding pictures from iphone
Posted: 13-Jul-2010 15:04

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have made two albums from my pc and can view them on the iphone, But how do i add pictures to these albums from my iphone? theres no way of adding any.

I have created an album on the iphone and the plus sign comes up to add more pictures but not on ones i created with the pc?

How can i add them?
carl

Re: Adding pictures from iphone
Posted: 13-Jul-2010 15:10   in response to: badgerdid in response to: badgerdid

badgerdid wrote:
I have made two albums from my pc and can view them on the iphone, But how do i add pictures to these albums from my iphone? theres no way of adding any.

I have created an album on the iphone and the plus sign comes up to add more pictures but not on ones i created with the pc?

How can i add them?

At this point you have to make the album in the browser version of Jalbum. You can also update albums created from your iPhone with the same online tool.

Albums that are made with the desktop software can only be viewed, not updated from the iPhone.
hond70

Posted: 19-Jul-2010 09:59   in response to: carl in response to: carl

I'm starting to think that you released this app a bit too early: in first version folders are not supported and now you say that only with albums that are created online you can add pictures? When will albums created with the pc application be supported?

I'm aware that the app cannot do the same things as the pc application, but I'm a little disappointed that these basic features are not supported (yet).

It might be a good idea to write these deficiencies in the summary of the app store. For example, you could write what you're planning to include in the next version.
Just to avoid disappointed people who will rate this potentially great app with only 1 or 2 stars...
carl

Posted: 19-Jul-2010 11:03   in response to: hond70 in response to: hond70

Unfortunately the online version and the desktop version are not compatible (yet) which is the real issue here. We need to solve that first in order for making albums made with the desktop client editable from the iPhone. That is quite a big project... and is why we chose to release the iPhone app with this limitation. At this point, the best I can suggest is that you make an album online that you can update from your iPhone and we'll first try to solve the folder viewing issues. The deploy planned today should at least make pictures in folders viewable.
pgh

Posted: 20-Jun-2020 18:11   in response to: badgerdid in response to: badgerdid

This question from 10 years ago seems still relevant. Has any progress been made on this issue? I would like to set up a skeleton album with several folders on my computer before I leave home for a trip and then add photos to the folders on the road. Is this now possible or will it ever be?
RobM

Posted: 20-Jun-2020 19:57   in response to: pgh in response to: pgh

The iOS app was last updated 2 years ago, to version 1.7.

Alternative methods are:
See Collaborative albums
Just make a new project, Minimal content, then email your images. The computer would need to be left running in server mode if you wanted the albums to be updated and published.

Use online jAlbum, to publish as you go, then convert the album into a desktop project when you get back home.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums