This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Jun-2020 20:06 Last Post By: RobM
rfm2

Neptune or general problem
Posted: 10-Jun-2020 19:03

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Using jAlbum 20.2.3 and Neptune 36, I added a mov video to an existing album, and no thumbnail appears in the explore view for the new video (1 min 26 secs). Suggestions for what I should try? Not sure if the proper place for the question is Neptune or General.

I attempted to make the album and got the message:

"The following files could not be processed due to errors:
C:\My New Albums\Animal Friends\IMG_1275.MOV: java.io.IOException: Error during video creation. Please review video settings.
ffmpeg process terminated abnormally with code 1:
Error opening filters!"

The video was transferred from an iPad to the desktop where I make the albums.

Edited by: rfm2 on 10-Jun-2020 19:07
RobM

Re: Neptune or general problem
Posted: 10-Jun-2020 20:11   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

rfm2

Posted: 11-Jun-2020 00:24   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I downloaded the latest version, added the ffmpeg/bin folder to the environment variables path, but the thumbnail still doesn't show in the explore view, and trying to make the album still creates the error. I was able to use mov files directly before I upgraded (a questionable description) from Win 7 to Win 10 a few weeks ago.

I'll just convert the mov to mp4 in an external program.
RobM

Posted: 11-Jun-2020 00:38   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

rfm2 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I downloaded the latest version, added the ffmpeg/bin folder to the environment variables path, but the thumbnail still doesn't show in the explore view, and trying to make the album still creates the error.
Have you updated the jAlbum ffmepg binary, or updated an external ffmpeg executable file that jAlbum is linked to? Either way, there should not be a need to update the environment variables path.

Could you make the mov file available for others to try?
rfm2

Posted: 11-Jun-2020 03:32   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

I don't know where the jAlbum ffmepg binary, or an external ffmpeg executable file that jAlbum is linked to are located, so obviously I haven't updated either one of those. I will be glad to make a mov file copied from an iPad to the PC available, but I don't think the problem is with the mov file itself since I have used such videos from the iPad before. Let me know where the other occurrences of the ffmepg exists and I will update those.

Thanks.
RobM

Posted: 11-Jun-2020 11:35   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

The link in my post above pointed to the instructions:
jAlbum uses a static version of ffmpeg, to ensure you have the current ‘jAlbum version’ of the ffmpeg open the jAlbum configuration directory (Menu/Tools/Open directories/Config directory - then look in the ‘bin’ subdirectory for ffmpeg) quit jAlbum, delete ffmpeg and then relaunch jAlbum. When you use a project with a video file it will install ffmpeg, ensuring you have the latest jAlbum delivered version. However, if you want to use the latest version of ffmpeg then see this forum post on how to update ffmpeg. You can get an updated ffmpeg from here
rfm2

Posted: 11-Jun-2020 19:24   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

You're right - I didn't read your first reply carefully enough to see that the solution was there for me to follow. All is well now. Thanks for your help.
RobM

Posted: 11-Jun-2020 20:06   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

rfm2 wrote:
You're right - I didn't read your first reply carefully enough to see that the solution was there for me to follow. All is well now. Thanks for your help.
No problem, it is easy to miss the the text being a link. Glad it fixed it for you.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums