This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 May 20, 23:05 Last Post By: AndreWolff
OliveNetMedia

HOW TO Share Single Image in jAlbum
Posted: 30 Apr 20, 22:51

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment sample 5.png (89.5 KB)
Attachment sample 4.png (55.9 KB)
Attachment sample 3.png (646.0 KB)
Attachment sample 2.png (985.2 KB)
Attachment sample 1.png (1.4 MB)
On advise from jAlbum I would like to know HOW TO

Hello there,,,

With hope all is well, I have question .

How do I add share button or link in any album to be able to share single image let say on FB or similar. Sharing album as album works fine.

I need to be able to share image just as you can see on sample 3

All I get is .... what you see on sample 1 and sample 2 .

But I would like to have possibility to have share option like in sample 3

I use Tiger and I did all I could to find how to,, but I still dont understand how to get it to work as on sample 3

Thank you for your time

Boyan

PS
Forgive me if I am not clear.
Please let me know HOW TO as I would like to solve this tonight to be able to continue with urgent testing.

I want to have album working just like here bellow

Thanks

Thanks a lot.

Edited by: IstanMedia on 30-Apr-2020 23:44

Edited by: IstanMedia on 30-Apr-2020 23:45
JeffTucker

Re: HOW TO Share Single Image in jAlbum
Posted: 30 Apr 20, 23:08   in response to: OliveNetMedia in response to: OliveNetMedia

Please don't post the same question in multiple places. That just leads to confusion, as the replies aren't all together.

I'll delete your post in the Photoblogger section. This is probably a more general question. I believe the answer is that Facebook has effectively disabled that option, but I don't "do" social media, so I'll leave it to someone else, like Laza, to address it.
JeffTucker

Posted: 30 Apr 20, 23:13   in response to: OliveNetMedia in response to: OliveNetMedia

IstanMedia wrote:
I need to be able to share image just as you can see on sample 3

That's a screenshot of the list of recent albums, and it's registering a "like" of an album, not a single image. The "like" button there has nothing to do with Facebook, or any other social media. It registers as a "like" only on jalbum.net. You can then see which shared albums have been "liked" by members on this site: https://jalbum.net/explore/popular
OliveNetMedia

Posted: 30 Apr 20, 23:35   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

sorrrrryyyy
Laza

Posted: 1 May 20, 09:33   in response to: OliveNetMedia in response to: OliveNetMedia

For the record I copy the answer I gave you through our help system:

Individual images are displayed in all modern skins (as in all modern web applications) by the underlying javascript upon user interaction. This means an individual picture is not the initial state of the web page. When you see a picture in the lightbox it's an internal state of the web application. So when you try to share an individual picture you need to send an extra data to Facebook which identifies the actual image. However after the 2016 US elections Facebook has banned sharing such information - they referred to the risk of "newsfeed manipulation". You can only share now the initial state of a page. They promised to provide some solution, still I'm not aware they did.

The URL format of Twitter sharing has changed a few months ago. Good you reminded me, I will fix if in my skins ASAP.

The Facebook page ID is not the app ID, it's the name of the Facebook page you manage. It must be a "Page", not a personal account. The ID is like "jAlbumFrog" at https://www.facebook.com/jAlbumFrog
OliveNetMedia

Posted: 4 May 20, 16:14   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks for help

All my efforts to share single image did not work.

Album Sharing works fine.

Well eventually problem will be solved by jAlbum guys as my contact at FB explained that it would be not so complicate to implement sharing SINGLE IMAGE.

THANK YOU AGAIN

Boyan
AndreWolff

Posted: 17 May 20, 19:50   in response to: OliveNetMedia in response to: OliveNetMedia
Helpful
I don't know why my previous reply has been removed, so I repeat that reply with an example of a Tiger album with a Facebook Slide page option:

In my FancyBox skin, my PhotoSwipe skin and my Slide Show 4 skin you can share the slide image on Facebook, see for example this slide page.

I told Laza here that the same method I use could be used with the Tiger skin, but apparently he did not test that.

But it works with the Tiger skin as you can see in this hacked Tiger album.
Open a slide page and next click on the Share button in the lower right corner: the Facebook share window will open. This is a quick hack, so ignore the Pinterest button after you close the Facebook window.
OliveNetMedia

Posted: 17 May 20, 21:14   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thank you so much ...

That is exactly what I was looking for .

Great

Boyan

PS

Will let you know more as soon as I tested on my server.
AndreWolff

Posted: 17 May 20, 23:05   in response to: OliveNetMedia in response to: OliveNetMedia

It is just one line of js-code:
window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=' + image, 'sharer' + 'target=_blank');
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums