This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Apr-2020 20:40 Last Post By: FlyingClub1
FlyingClub1

Jupiter: Panning in Google Maps
Posted: 18-Apr-2020 18:05

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I finally got Google Maps working, such that when the user clicks the globe button, the map replaces my photo within its frame. Just what I want. (I'm using the Jupiter skin.)

However, I cannot pan the map. I can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, but I cannot move the map side to side within its frame - pan - as I would like to do.

--> Is there a way in jAlbum or Jupiter to enable panning on the embedded Google Maps?

This article from Google presents the developer's design choices and the JavaScript code to implement each. https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/interaction

Thanks, Steve

Edited by: jGromit on 18-Apr-2020 12:14, to include skin name in thread title
FlyingClub1

Re: Jupiter: Panning in Google Maps
Posted: 18-Apr-2020 18:20   in response to: FlyingClub1 in response to: FlyingClub1

This is odd: panning works in the preview generated by jAlbum. But not in either Chrome or Firefox, whether hosted on my PC at 127.0.0.1 or on my website. See this example of the problem . Click the globe icon at the bottom.
jGromit

Posted: 18-Apr-2020 18:22   in response to: FlyingClub1 in response to: FlyingClub1
Correct
Attachment maps.htt (1.9 KB)
Ah, I know what's doing that, and it's a skin-specific thing. I'm using a very simple "swipe" script on the pages in the skin, including the map page. So, you can swipe to return from the map. But that script is intercepting and disabling the panning functionality of Google maps.

The simple fix is to get rid of the swiping ability on the map page, which is of only limited utility. I'll fix it in the next release. In the meantime, try opening the skin directory - Tools, Open directories, Skin directory - and replacing maps.htt with the attached version. Let me know if that's better-behaved.
FlyingClub1

Posted: 18-Apr-2020 20:40   in response to: FlyingClub1 in response to: FlyingClub1

Done and done! Thank you, jGromit. I haven't come across such great customer support anywhere. You're the best.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums