This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 23 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 06-Apr-2020 22:03 Last Post By: Laza
MarkusD

Re: Include, Exclude Tags
Posted: 29-Mar-2020 15:37   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Click to reply to this thread Reply
davidekholm wrote:
This should be fixed in jAlbum 19.4b7 now, available if you replace the file lib/jalbum-core.jar with this one: http://jalbum.net/download/beta/jalbum-core.jar
I don't get an error message with 19.4b7, ok. But I don't get the expected result either.

The setting in the jap file:
skin.filterData=Schl\u00FCsselwort\tkeywords\tMULTIPLE_STRING\nDateigr\u00F6\u00DFe\tfileSize\tNUMERIC\nBenotung\trating\tNUMERIC\nKategorie\tcategory\tMULTIPLE_STRING\nvideoDuration\tvideoDuration\tSINGLE_STRING

The resulting generated page does not show any picture or video thumb at all, see attached screenshot.
Laza

Posted: 29-Mar-2020 16:53   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

Sorry, this screenshot doesn't tell me anything. Could you give me a link please?
MarkusD

Posted: 29-Mar-2020 19:16   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza

Posted: 30-Mar-2020 16:22   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

There are quite a few errors on this page. First is this (your script):
document.getElementById("defaultOpen").click();

Then the skin cannot load the database (data1.json) - I'm not sure why, but this file is critical for an album to work.

Next again your script can't set 'innerHTML', which is also not clear to me.

Finally there are errors related to the tracking consent dialog.

You should start fixing the first. Perhaps that'll fix the other errors too. Also, always do the testing on the local album to exclude the errors of the upload.
MarkusD

Posted: 01-Apr-2020 19:49   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I was able to reproduce my problem with the Sample Portfolio, by just adding one of my videos. Please watch this video to see what I mean.

I uploaded that album also.
Laza

Posted: 01-Apr-2020 21:53   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

Okay, I see now. For some reason jAlbum cannot write out the video duration - perhaps it's a special data type. Just remove the "videoDuration" line from the filters. Anyway filtering for a videoDuration string is not what you're after, as it's not treated like a real duration just the string representation.
MarkusD

Posted: 04-Apr-2020 12:43   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
Okay, I see now. For some reason jAlbum cannot write out the video duration - perhaps it's a special data type. Just remove the "videoDuration" line from the filters. Anyway filtering for a videoDuration string is not what you're after, as it's not treated like a real duration just the string representation.
Funny answer. ;-) "User, please don't do this or that with the application, because that does not make sense."

I'm a developer now for more that 30 years and users do strange things with applications. As a developer you just have to "protect" the users so they don't shoot themselves in the foot. Example: If you allow users to calculate during runtime to divide a value stored for example in a record through another value in your database then the developer should take care that in the end it doesn't end with "Seats div Passengers" and "Passengers" having a value with "0".

So your code looks like:
if Passengers <> 0 then begin
  X := Seats div Passengers;
end else begin
  X := 0;
end;

Conclusion: If there are any variables which don't work in the filtering then Tiger should ignore them or produce an empty string or something like that. But creating a broken page is not ok.

And, why is filtering for duration not useful? Of course the (duration)time is converted to a string, but all other values are converted to a string too.

So having strings like:
00:01:24
00:02:28
00:10:17
00:30:36
01:10:13
01:50:11

are just fine for filtering, aren't they? It would be possible to filter for shorter or longer videos, for example. I'm sure that you can make it happen that all variables will produce correct results for filtering. Thanks in advance, Markus
jGromit

Posted: 04-Apr-2020 14:19   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

MarkusD wrote:
Funny answer. ;-) "User, please don't do this or that with the application, because that does not make sense."

I won't try to speak for Laza, but I would phrase it differently: "You are the only user in the entire world who is trying to do this. I'm sorry, but I can't devote limited resources to working out the coding to account for extreme fringe cases."

So having strings like:
00:01:24
00:02:28
00:10:17
00:30:36
01:10:13
01:50:11

are just fine for filtering, aren't they?

Which of those is shorter than 01:00:00? Answer: none of them. They're all exactly 8 characters long. ;)

I'm sure that you can make it happen that all variables will produce correct results for filtering.

There are dozens and dozens of variables. Of course it's possible to adjust every one of them to allow for all types of filtering (equal to, not equal to, less than, greater than). Is a skin developer going to do that? Almost certainly not. He's going to make it possible for users to do the things that they are most likely to want to do, like find all the images that have "Charlie" in the title, or that have "May 2019" in the comment.
Laza

Posted: 06-Apr-2020 22:03   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

Unfortunately how jAlbum handles such corner cases is beyond my control. Java - jAlbum's core language - has strict data typing, while my skins and the JSON file itself is loosely typed. In this case jAlbum's own JSON writer writes out a data type which is not readable by Javascript on the visitor's browser.

That's why I suggested to simply ignore that data for now, and in the future we'll fix it. Perhaps I should have go in details, so it doesn't sound so "funny". :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums