This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 26-Mar-2020 10:00 Last Post By: Laza Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
paulturk

Tiger swipe images is very sensitive, small gesture advances image
Posted: 26-Mar-2020 00:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi, can you please create a setting to adjust the sensitivity of Tiger's swipe movement so that the user must swipe and move/deflect an image at least (i.e.) 200px before the next/previous image will load?

I find that even the slightest gesture to advance an image (i.,e. maybe 5px to 10px) is enough to trigger a new image. This is similar on both mobile and desktop devices. The swipe sensitivity is too high.

This seems to be exaggerated if I have zoomed into an image using the "Fit 1:1", or "Maximum Enlargement 3x" and am panning around an enlarged image. I find that the next/previous image is prematurely triggered because of this sensitivity especially zoomed in.

This is a general user experience questions regarding the skin, and there is no specific album that I need to link to.

Thanks you and regards.
Laza

Re: Tiger swipe images is very sensitive, small gesture advances image
Posted: 26-Mar-2020 07:42   in response to: paulturk in response to: paulturk
Helpful
I believe this is because the two functionality - the browser's pan action in the zoomed page, and the skin's own swipe - intercept. Probably the swipe gesture should be stopped when the page is zoomed in. I don't know if the page can detect is the browser is in zoomed mode, but will try to find out.
Laza

Posted: 26-Mar-2020 08:24   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

It seems there's no pan functionality in zoomed mode at all. You have zoom out and zoom in again to change the window.
Laza

Posted: 26-Mar-2020 10:00   in response to: paulturk in response to: paulturk

I've spent a few hours with research, but it seems there's no way a page can detect if the browser is zoomed or not. I've bumped up the threshold to 2 * 50 px now, but it will still be misleading in zoomed mode that you do not pan the whole area, instead you swipe the picture. Unfortunately pinch zoom is treated as a browser functionality, therefore no interaction with the page code is allowed.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums